Classical Ukulele Players Challenge!

This thread has some beautiful music. I like seeing that pieces that I once played on classical guitar have been adapted to uke and some of the arrangements are outstanding. I've had fun searching out classical music for uke and even found this one I used to play on guitar.

This thread has some beautiful music. I like seeing that pieces that I once played on classical guitar have been adapted to uke and some of the arrangements are outstanding. I've had fun searching out classical music for uke and even found this one I used to play on guitar.

Lovely. Just lovely. Thank you for sharing.

One of my favorites, and beautifully played, Chris.

Here is Clarines De Las Mosqueteros, by Gaspar Sanz.
Beautiful, and thank you for sharing your arrangement. You're very generous with that.
I've had fun searching out classical music for uke and even found this one I used to play on guitar.
Lovely! Thank you for joining in! I'm glad you've been enjoying the music. This is a delightful thread that I look forward to checking in on every day.

I am having a lot of fun with @Putter 's arrangements of early music from this post:

I highly recommend anyone interested in this type of music to give these pieces a try. There are a lot of simpler ones that are good for a beginner, and some little bits of challenge or just pure enjoyment for those with more advanced skills. Once you've figured out some of the patterns, you can pick up more of the pieces as you go along more easily.

I am having a lot of fun with @Putter 's arrangements of early music from this post:

I highly recommend anyone interested in this type of music to give these pieces a try. There are a lot of simpler ones that are good for a beginner, and some little bits of challenge or just pure enjoyment for those with more advanced skills. Once you've figured out some of the patterns, you can pick up more of the pieces as you go along more easily.
I totally agree. That is where I found the arrangement I recorded. There is great stuff on there and a lot of it is not difficult. Mr. Putter did some amazing work.

Bransle Double - Michael Praetorius
Allemande - Tielman Susato

both from R.J. Putter's tabs. Sorry for the extremely poor sound quality; just have a phone, and it is next to impossible to find a quiet place to record - I'm pretty sure the cat is meowing at me in one of them, but it's possible that was in one of the others that I trashed. One day I'll set up the Snowball and try that, but I'll have to figure out a place that I can do that. For now, it's as good as it gets! As I said, let's not let perfection be the enemy of good (enough :ROFLMAO: ).

both from R.J. Putter's tabs. Sorry for the extremely poor sound quality; just have a phone, and it is next to impossible to find a quiet place to record - I'm pretty sure the cat is meowing at me in one of them, but it's possible that was in one of the others that I trashed. One day I'll set up the Snowball and try that, but I'll have to figure out a place that I can do that. For now, it's as good as it gets! As I said, let's not let perfection be the enemy of good (enough :ROFLMAO: ).
Very nice playing, Amie. I heard some similarities between the two pieces. Do you notice that also?

Very nice playing, Amie. I heard some similarities between the two pieces. Do you notice that also?
There is a lot of similarities between many of the pieces from this collection!

I'd love to record a beautiful Menuet but every time I try something interrupts (most recently everyone, including the cat). What I love about is it goes from the minor to relative major then back to the minor. So cool! Plus it's a beautiful piece.

Amie, you are so modest about your beautiful and accomplished playing! Was that performed on your fantastic Pohaku lutulele?

Amie, you are so modest about your beautiful and accomplished playing! Was that performed on your fantastic Pohaku lutulele?
Not Pohaku, but Cripple Creek Mandolins/David Hanson (Tukanu on the forum). Actually it was the Baby Bird for these recordings!

Top Bottom