Included. Ships to CONUS only.
Size
Concert

ookooleilei

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm sure I'll regret this at some point, as it's the second Collings concert I've owned, and I sold the first one, and regretted it enough to buy this one!

The thing is, to my ear, the two Collings I've owned have produced a slightly woodier, more folky tone than I'm looking for. I play mostly jazz standards, and ideally want something a tiny bit cleaner and more chimey, for lack of a better word.

The playability on this thing is amazing, and it's SO light -- just a smidge over 1 pound.

It's a 2011 model, all solid mahogany (with some really lovely curl in it) with Bill Collings' signature on the label inside the soundhole, and it's in incredibly good condition. There are a couple (literally a couple) of faint strum marks on the treble side next to the fretboard and above the sound hole, and the typical swirls you see in a high gloss finish when looking at it at a certain angle.

This one has the rare/unusual rope binding, which is very beautifully done as you can see in the close-up photo I included. As many of you know, Collings no longer makes ukuleles, and hasn't for quite a while, so this one is additionally rare to find in the wild, for sure.

The only issue I can see with this ukulele is the Peghed tuner on the A-string. It has become unseated, and pulls out just a bit from the hole. It still works, and holds tune, but if I were going to keep this one for the long haul, I'd replace that one Peghed, which I imagine is a relatively easy and inexpensive fix.

Priced to sell before I change my mind at $XXXX $XXXX, shipped, to the CONUS only. Ships in the equally amazing Collings branded hard case, pictured. I'll also include an unworn, with tags, really nice Collings baseball cap that I purchased while waiting for this ukulele to arrive.

Attachments

• IMG_0096.jpeg
    IMG_0096.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0095.jpeg
    IMG_0095.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0094.jpeg
    IMG_0094.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0093.jpeg
    IMG_0093.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0092.jpeg
    IMG_0092.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0091.jpeg
    IMG_0091.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0090.jpeg
    IMG_0090.jpeg
    230.2 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0089.jpeg
    IMG_0089.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Bump to let you know that reasonable offers are welcome.

Price drop to $XXXX, for a rare, revered ukulele.

Last edited:
I realize it's a tough time to be selling pre-owned ukuleles, with the holidays coming and all, but I must admit I'm shocked that there has been absolutely zero interest in this one! Price drop to $XXXX!

Last edited:
I realize it's a tough time to be selling pre-owned ukuleles, with the holidays coming and all, but I must admit I'm shocked that there has been absolutely zero interest in this one! Price drop to $2000!
I’m surprised too, Jonas. I can recall near-frenzies in the past to nab a Collings concert.

I’m surprised too, Jonas. I can recall near-frenzies in the past to nab a Collings concert.
And this isn't an off-the-rack model -- it has a "custom" (don't know what their actual manufacturing process was in terms of customs/one-offs) rope binding, making it even more unusual/rare... oh, well. What can you do (other than continue to lower the price, or sell it on Reverb for a lot more)?

I realize it's a tough time to be selling pre-owned ukuleles, with the holidays coming and all, but I must admit I'm shocked that there has been absolutely zero interest in this one! Price drop to $2000!
It will sell, it’s a gem. But these high-end rigs don’t always move fast. I’d already have bought it except I am really only in the market for a baritone right now.

This is a stunner... Not a concert player myself but good luck with the sale.

A friend had a $4,000 Collings, and he sold it for what he paid on eBay. I think he had $4,000 as the low limit.
Wow. Must’ve been quite nice. There is one on Reverb that was commissioned by the Collings wood supplier (so you know it is the very best wood) marked down a thousand from $4K.

Wow. Must’ve been quite nice. There is one on Reverb that was commissioned by the Collings wood supplier (so you know it is the very best wood) marked down a thousand from $4K.
Yes, it was a beauty, koa, etc, with a custom case.

Reactions: Kei
Final price drop before I list this on Reverb. $XXXX.

Last edited:
Top Bottom