Compact Music Stand?

Jerryc41

Reaction score
When I go to uke events, I have to bring a music stand. Unfortunately, they are rather large to be carrying around for three days at a uke fest. Do any of you know of a small, collapsible music stand? There are camera tripods that fold up small, so it should be possible. It's not like they have to hold a lot of weight. Maybe this will become a DIY project.

The one I use with songbooks (and many in our Uke Jam) is the Peak SMS-20 Collapsible Music Stand. It's very sturdy and will hold a heavy notebook. But these days I'm just carrying my iPad loaded with over 1000 songs and I got a smaller stand just meant for holding my size iPad (and of course a uke hanger because I always take 2 ukes with me).

In my experience with the other members of my uke group, don't get one of those flimsy super light two piece stands, go for the better one piece stronger ones. I too have a specific stand for my iPad Pro 12.9", but when I used a notebook, I had a good one piece stand, Cordoba if I'm not mistaken.

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
4 tenor thinline cutaway ukes, 3 thinline acoustic bass ukes, 5 solid body bass ukes
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

If you want just a table stand then the popular small foldable uke stands work together with a clipboard or other hard surface at the back. For a floor stand I have a Hercules one that also can be used outdoors if I put a foot on it during windy conditions. Other small foldable stands are too flimsy to be useful.

When I go to uke events, I have to bring a music stand. Unfortunately, they are rather large to be carrying around for three days at a uke fest. Do any of you know of a small, collapsible music stand? There are camera tripods that fold up small, so it should be possible. It's not like they have to hold a lot of weight. Maybe this will become a DIY project.
I use this one. Works great for sheets of paper. I use a Peak for notebooks. The On-Stage is good most of the time.

Last edited:
K and M makes a really good stand that collapses down pretty small. Simple to carry

Thanks! That looks great, and I like Sweetwater (the company, not the beverage). I ordered one from B&H and saved some money.

If you want just a table stand then the popular small foldable uke stands work together with a clipboard or other hard surface at the back. For a floor stand I have a Hercules one that also can be used outdoors if I put a foot on it during windy conditions. Other small foldable stands are too flimsy to be useful.
"Hercules" sound like overkill for music. 😁

"Hercules" sound like overkill for music. 😁
Best stands there are. I use the 118 that includes a bag but also fits into a large purse or small knapsack.

The Scherzo folding stand is the favourite of our outdoor group.

Compact to fit in a backpack. (I have one in each of my guitar gig bags nestled under the neck.

Super lightweight 24 oz made of aluminium.

Stable, sturdy and quality build. Easily holds a hefty songbook.

Available at music stores and online.

BTW RATstands is a well known supplier to classical soloists, symphonies, concert halls.

https://www.long-mcquade.com/84400/...---Furniture/Rat-Stands/The-Scherzo-Stand.htm

Last edited:
The Scherzo folding stand is the favourite of our outdoor group.

Compact to fit in a backpack. (I have one in each of my guitar gig bags nestled under the neck.

Super lightweight 24 oz made of aluminium.

Stable, sturdy and quality build. Easily holds a hefty songbook.

Available at music stores and online.

BTW RATstands is a well known supplier to classical soloists, symphonies, concert halls.

Thanks for that. It's kinda pricey, so I'll wait and see how the K&M works out.

Last edited:
AIRTURN has nice stands, take one traveling, WORTH the extra weight when in group, plastic does not do it for me. Don't go flimsey. I use a 12 inch Ipad with music & Mano

Top Bottom