Controversy! I have successfully managed to NOT buy a uke this black friday!

I've been able to stick to my "not until after the holidays" rule. However, my lust being consumed by desire does not subside.
<edit>
I'm weakening... the only(?) thing holding me back is the choice of Concert or Tenor.
Wrong context, but "lust" was the correct word :)
<edit2>
Don't do it! Don't do it! You don't need another ukulele!

Last edited:
Unless a Martin Soprano (in mint condition, no repairs) or a Timms Soprano comes up for sale priced ridiculously far under $500, I can say, I won't buy another uke ever. Including Black Fridays, all holidays, birthdays and regular days.

Unless a Martin Soprano (in mint condition, no repairs) or a Timms Soprano comes up for sale priced ridiculously far under $500, I can say, I won't buy another uke ever. Including Black Fridays, all holidays, birthdays and regular days.
Ha, where have I heard those words before. Starting with or followed by "I SWEAR..."

Many people condemn Black Friday because of consumerism etc. BUT if you during previous months make a list wih prices of what you need, and then buy at BF, the only looser is the big business, who thought they could cheat us into buying more than we need.

I bought a duvet i needed at 1/4 the normal price and an online subscription at 10 euro, normally 170 euro. The videos are sent during the year but I just wait til BF and then backtrack to the first released and then see them sequentially

2 years ago I bought a bariton guitar. It was listed at list price around 500$ but just mentioning BF the seller reduced it 200 $

I also wasn’t planning on buying a uke until I saw that the Enya Nova U was deeply discounted with a couple of coupons. They normally go for $50 but with the discount and being a Prime member I got it for $17.25. Even the CFO said it was too good a deal to pass up. Even better, I still had around $35 in Amazon credit so it was basically free.

I see nothing wrong with owning umpteen ukes. I just personally need to save money lol.

I also got plenty of left field tunings to explore right now. I have others I would like to fart around with but I'll exhaust the ones I have first.

I failed to abstain from uke acquisition. Celebrated my 1 year anniversary of playing uke and being sober. Got my first 8 string - an Ohana CK-35-8.
That is a great uke. I have one

I am currently out of the game with ukuleles that I love.

I will say that it was more fun and exciting to be looking and buying. Even the $17 Enya did not excite me.

Slight topic swerve: I'm looking at their Pineapple Soprano, but possibly a tenor.

Is anyone familiar with this company's products? Koa Kalane Hawaii

UkeStuff has reviews...

<edit> I, also, "failed to abstain" and ordered one direct from their 'koakalane' site. I just love pineapples.

Last edited:
Top Bottom