COOL MUSIC LEKATO 10W "Unique Mini" mini Amp review

pondweed

Reaction score
In UK, 38 quid on Amazon. Seem to be available in black or white. I bought white. Heavy little Chinese box 6 x 4 x 3.5". Pleasingly solid for price. This is the one with the knobs at the back on the top; not at the base on the front... which seems to be an earlier model which you sometimes see in trendy orange. This purchased one has a decent internal rechargeable battery - my main reason for buying.
Works well for amplifying instrument in a group of 10 or so; not up to lead duties, but for the occasional lead where the group lead isn't up on a song, great. Good acceptable sound for an amateur group setting where all you really need is people being able to keep to the song.
My biggest interest was in the Aux in 3.5mm plug - it was being youtube demo'd as being for backing tracks from a smartphone or whatever. I was interested to see if it would accept a live mic for a voice/uke lead.
I tried a cheap £3 Levalier and it didnt work. A £12 Levalier powered by a LR44 (with a little "barrel" in the wire).... WORKED.

So, for a cheap unit, being able to amplify ukulele and voice out of tiny carrier bag is pretty impressive. I'm thinking of fitting up a standard uke case to fit the Risa soprano and the amp and mic... perhaps microbusking outside a microbrewery?

Lots of youtube vids with the spec, but plenty of gismos to play around with i.e. delay and timing on the main channel, as well as hi/med/low and gain. (Distortion available but what's the point?) It's still a cheap gimmicky thing, but a good one. This chap below is nothing to do with me and seems to appear very large.... but it does give you some pics!

Wish I had known about this before I got my Positive Grid Spark Mini. The Lekato is less expensive and looks like it would do what I want (instrumental solo in the middle of group song in a small venue). However, the Spark Mini is much smaller for portability.

So, for a cheap unit, being able to amplify ukulele and voice out of tiny carrier bag is pretty impressive. I'm thinking of fitting up a standard uke case to fit the Risa soprano and the amp and mic... perhaps microbusking outside a microbrewery?
Lol! No, really. It was a genuine chuckle. 😃

Wish I had known about this before I got my Positive Grid Spark Mini. The Lekato is less expensive and looks like it would do what I want (instrumental solo in the middle of group song in a small venue). However, the Spark Mini is much smaller for portability.
The Spark is all about the software - which is really quite good. Hardware is meh

it will be interesting to see how durable the cheapie is. When it all goes damn quiet in the middle of an open mic, one might be wishing one spent the money on a more-pro bit of kit, as well as wishing the ground was opening up...
With a loud-ish, spirited group of 14 or 15, I whacked the volume and gain up to 80% or so and felt it was "positively contributing to the room". Make you own judgement of what that means!

Top Bottom