Delivery Impatience

Mike $

Reaction score
UPS estimates an 11:00am-3:00pm delivery. It's 11:05. Where's my uke already. I've gotten up and looked out the window of my door twice already. Is it me?

Nevermind. I click "Post Reply" then hear a screech, look out the window, and what do you know, the UPS truck comes to a stop. After waiting one eternal minute for him to find the package and another half a minute to sign for it, I finally have my HP-1 Kamaka Pineapple. The concluding member of my purchased ukulele family. Can't wait to play her!!! Sofi approves!IMG_0534.jpg

Last edited:
hmmm...could we see a family photo perhaps?
IMG_0538 (1).jpg
A very dangerous and one time photo. On top, 2020 Martin T1K, left 1922-26 Martin Style 0 ukulele, lower center Kamaka 1969-74 HP-1 Standard Pineapple, right Martin Style 2 1918-1920 ukulele.
That's the plan
Nice! Old Kamaka sopranos are my absolute favorite ukes.
I really love my Martins too.
Ha! If I had a dollar for every time... I could buy a Chuck Moore! Congrats, that's a beauty. And none of us here have ever stood at the window looking the the big brown (or white) truck to pull up! :ROFLMAO:
Thanks, I guess I'm alone in my impatience ;)

Last edited:
Sofi approves!
Awwwwww!!!! Grey spotty stripey baby!!!! We had a grey spotty stripey baby, called Murri, and Sofi looks very much like him. Murri was the best cat we have ever known, we miss him a lot. Thank you for sharing her gorgeous portrait.

Oh, yeah.

The ukulele is nice too.

Awwwwww!!!! Grey spotty stripey baby!!!! We had a grey spotty stripey baby, called Murri, and Sofi looks very much like him. Murri was the best cat we have ever known, we miss him a lot. Thank you for sharing her gorgeous portrait.

Oh, yeah.

The ukulele is nice too.
She's really sweet. She talks a LOT. When I was out front with the UPS guy, she was talking up a storm. The delivery guy was laughing and surprised how much she was talking. She was very excited to see the new ukulele...so long as I don't sing.

View attachment 175167
A very dangerous and one time photo. On top, 2020 Martin T1K, left 1922-26 Martin Style 0 ukulele, lower center Kamaka 1969-74 HP-1 Standard Pineapple, right Martin Style 2 1918-1920 ukulele.

That's the plan

I really love my Martins too.

Thanks, I guess I'm alone in my impatience ;)
That is one VERY good-looking family, even without Sofi posing within (which would be dangerous indeed).

Ha! If I had a dollar for every time... I could buy a Chuck Moore! Congrats, that's a beauty. And none of us here have ever stood at the window looking the the big brown (or white) truck to pull up! :ROFLMAO:
When the USPS was supposed to be delivering my Barron River and the mail carrier skipped over my house, (OK, maybe I was standing there watching), I chased after the mail carrier to ask about it. He promised me that it was in the truck and he'd drop it off after delivering the regular mail. He did and I suspect that he still thinks I'm a bit goofy.

Our mail delivery has been so poor, though, that we have gone extended periods with no delivery, so he had me worried. (I did not complain about the poor service to him, though!)

Nevermind. I click "Post Reply" then hear a screech, look out the window, and what do you know, the UPS truck comes to a stop. After waiting one eternal minute for him to find the package and another half a minute to sign for it, I finally have my HP-1 Kamaka Pineapple. The concluding member of my purchased ukulele family. Can't wait to play her!!! Sofi approves!View attachment 175161
I can’t decide which one is cuter … your new pineapple Kamaka or Sofi. :)

Looks like she's wondering who you love more!
Kinda like the look we got from our first standard poodle after we got our second standard poodle, a year later....."this thing isn't going to be around long, is it?"
But like anything, they become best buds.
Sofi sure is beautiful! I bet she loves to hang around when you play.

You are not impatient. My recent uke purchase tested my limits. I opted for the full set-up from TUS, knowing that it could take 10-14 business days. It took the full 14 days. Then the Fed Ex 2 day delivery took 6 days, with 3 days just sitting at their local sorting facility. Waiting for a new ukulele is so hard.

My uke came a day early. But it still seemed like it took forever. It was packed and sent within a few hours of payment. Then came the waiting...the longing, the expectation of gratification...of finally knowing the sound and the feel of the much acclaimed Kamaka ukulele. I must say all the hype is very well deserved. This uke plays like a charm and sings like an angel. Right now she has low G strings, which I may keep because it sounds so good. I will throw on a set of Kamaka high g strings when they come, I'll probably try several others and then decide. I was a bit surprised by the neck profile, but it's not a problem to play at all. In fact, it's pretty nice. All in all, I am ecstatic. Time to pick.

Top Bottom