DGBE tuning of Vorsen, Clearwater solid bodied tenor ukulele

wykenwizard

Reaction score
I am the happy owner of a solid bodied Clearwater ( Vorsen in the USA) tenor uke which arrived with re entrant tuning gCEA. Almost straight away I changed it to low G. The Clearwater is one of three solid bodied electrics I have and as it is the cheapest I thought I would like to tune it as a baritone DGBE . The scale length is shorter than a baritone, but I have a feeling that it should sound pretty good if I can get it to DGBE. I actually love the sound of it as it is, but as it is one of three I fancy a change on this one. I am wondering if anyone has changed the tuning and if so what gauge strings have you used? Thanks in advance.

Use the middle 4 strings for DGBE. My 19" scale has gauges 11 14 22 30 like these:

these are about the thinnest you can get so if they are too loose, especially with the shorter scale, there are lots of options to go thicker

Use the middle 4 strings for DGBE. My 19" scale has gauges 11 14 22 30 like these:

these are about the thinnest you can get so if they are too loose, especially with the shorter scale, there are lots of options to go thicker
Thanks for that. I think I have a set of Ernie Balls in my guitar stock.

Pepe Romero baby baritone strings

Definitely agree with the middle 4 strings of an electric guitar set for DGBE tuning on a steel string electric uke.
Though personally I go for a lighter set than 11 (9 or 10 set) :)

Any brand will work, whether it's D'addario, Elixir, etc.

Oh my mistake! I don't know the exact gauges of the middle 4 strings off the top of my head, but I don't need to do that calculation because I just get a 9 or 10 set and use the middle 4 :)

Top Bottom