Does anybody know if Synergy Instruments is still in business?

ashkettle

Reaction score
I ordered a Baritone Ukulele from them a year ago. It took a bit to get to me (as expected) and I got it sometime in March. At the time, there was a major string buzz on the first and second fret of the A string. Running a quick check shows that the third fret is indeed high at this string.

I've tried several times since them to contact them to have this fixed (I shouldn't have to pay to get a new instrument made to work properly), but they have never returned my inquiries.

If it hadn't been this much time, I'd not have aired this in public, but if as it seems, I'm going to have to pay to have this fixed (if I can find somebody), I figure people should know about the level of service.

Also, does anybody know of a place I can send this to have it fixed? It seems locally they either don't want to look at Ukes, or they don't want to touch a Carbon Fibre Instrument.

Sorry that you're going through this, but sending the uke somewhere to be fixed would probably cost $50 shipping each way, and $50 for the fix. Surely you can find some local tech willing to just spot level a single fret for less than that? I'd actually recommend you just do it yourself. It isn't hard, and there are lots of videos showing how. And when you're done you'll have a new set of skills and probably a couple of files too.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Getting a fret level on a uke is no different than any other instrument. Anyone who can work on guitars or anything else should be able to do it. The carbon fiber won't even come into play.

I ordered a Baritone Ukulele from them a year ago. It took a bit to get to me (as expected) and I got it sometime in March. At the time, there was a major string buzz on the first and second fret of the A string. Running a quick check shows that the third fret is indeed high at this string.

I've tried several times since them to contact them to have this fixed (I shouldn't have to pay to get a new instrument made to work properly), but they have never returned my inquiries.

If it hadn't been this much time, I'd not have aired this in public, but if as it seems, I'm going to have to pay to have this fixed (if I can find somebody), I figure people should know about the level of service.

Also, does anybody know of a place I can send this to have it fixed? It seems locally they either don't want to look at Ukes, or they don't want to touch a Carbon Fibre Instrument.
It's a shame what happened with that company. Delivery took months, and communication was iffy. I have a nice concert, but their name is nowhere to be found on it. Years from now, someone will post a picture of it asking if anyone knows what it is.

A friend bought two of them because the sound of the first one was off - not tunable. The second one wasn't much better, so he gave it away. Synergy should have stuck with making guitars.

They still show their ukes on their website, but prices are way up. I paid $424 USD for mine, delivered. It's now $699 CAD, which is $544 USD.

A friend bought two of them because the sound of the first one was off - not tunable. The second one wasn't much better, so he gave it away. Synergy should have stuck with making guitars.

I am sure that there are guitar builders or companies who think that uke is just a little guitar and find the same practices and concepts don't work.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Getting a fret level on a uke is no different than any other instrument. Anyone who can work on guitars or anything else should be able to do it. The carbon fiber won't even come into play.
Check online for guitar or uke or even folk or bluegrass clubs near you. Someone in one of those groups will know how to dress and reset frets and probably will do it for little or nothing.

It's very disappointing to hear about a situation like this that happened to you. I am doing business, I have an online store and a regular okuleli store. Now my store is thriving. I can offer you my help. If you've been fooled, you can contact me. I will give you a discount on repairs. I don’t understand people who sell such things and then if something happens, they don’t pick up the phone.
I reported as spam. "okuleli" is not even close in the spelling and he is soliciting business, asking you to "contact" him without giving any details on his okuleli store.

Note to jamesharp2233: I will remove this if you respond appropriately. Offers to help on a fifteen month old post are suspicious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom