Does anyone make a decent solid-body electric nylon string guitar with PASSIVE pickup?

I just pulled the trigger on the white Deluxe Nylocaster.
It seems it may be one of the last chances available to buy due to his passing away to cancer :(
Mixed emotions. Happy that you found your guitar :) and sad that the builder is no longer with us. :(

It seems it may be one of the last chances available to buy due to his passing away to cancer :(
Let us know when you get it; I didn't think these were being sold anymore since he passed away.

Congrats on your new electric solid body uke. For anyone reading this thread that may be interested in a more budget friendly option here is a short review I did of a Lotkey uke I'd forgotten about:

So sad to hear of his passing. A great guitarist.

I am so glad you found one while they are still available!

A Yamaha nylon silent with the wide fretboard is on my wish list, though it doesn’t fit what you’re looking for.

Let us know how you like your new guitar when it arrives!🙂

So sad to hear of his passing. A great guitarist.

I am so glad you found one while they are still available!

A Yamaha nylon silent with the wide fretboard is on my wish list, though it doesn’t fit what you’re looking for.

Let us know how you like your new guitar when it arrives!🙂
I owned one for a while, gigged with it too.
But yes, it is an active and relies on batteries.

However, of the available Active nylon string electric guitars I consider it the best and really enjoyed playing it while I did:

The Risa Stick has a passive pickup. Though the firm factor is a tad unusual.

https://mimsukes.com/collections/risa

I currently own 2 Risa sticks, and have owned more than 10 different Risa's throughout the 17+ years I've played ukulele.
I was specifically looking for a nylon string guitar that's passive and solid-body electric like the Risa stick.

It seemed Risa had a stick Guitalele at some point, but it seems very hard to find on the used market

That being said, this wouldn't be exactly what I was looking for as I'm specifically after a guitar.
Also, it seems they use the old Friction tuners which I found difficult to use on the early model Risas.

You may want to look at Taylor guitars.
A HUGE sound comes from their nylon string versions. They should have a passive pickup installed, I'll need to check.
Also Zagar (of Zagar and Evens) makes a decent nylon string unit. Reviews are pretty good but i haven't any first hand experience with them.

I owned one for a while, gigged with it too.
But yes, it is an active and relies on batteries.

However, of the available Active nylon string electric guitars I consider it the best and really enjoyed playing it while I did:

Great playing! Thanks for sharing. I had one of the older 100 series and let it go when I got into the banjo. That didn’t last…

Just to give an update, my Nylocaster came (since I am outside USA, I had it shipped to my friend in USA, who then shipped it to me in Australia) and just wow - I am super impressed.

It's not often you receive an instrument that exceeds expectations.
I am someone who is super fussy with setups, but I didn't have to do anything to this guitar as the action and feel was perfect out of the box.
I haven't done my own recording with it yet, but it sounds amazing. This is definitely a keeper and a favourite I'll gig with often.

37803cbd-06df-4d4b-95cc-31c475d55c33.jpg

For how it sounds, the late Ben Woods does it justice:

Top Bottom