Eddie Vedder - Ukulele Songs PDF

Yeah, 1014 has got it. The site is probably out of reach of Vedder's copyright people. That's how the big tabs sites get away with what they do - host their site from some far away place.

I run a tab site. But this is a little to free for me. We should be stoked that there are pro 'ukulele tabs available to buy, not jump at the first chance to rip them off. I understand and promote free tabs that haven't been released in songbook form, but if we don't draw the line somewhere, nobody is going to be able to make money from music. Just my opinion.

Thank you so much!:D
I've been searching for this for a long time.:iwant:
You rock!:cool:

Yeah, 1014 has got it. The site is probably out of reach of Vedder's copyright people. That's how the big tabs sites get away with what they do - host their site from some far away place.

I run a tab site. But this is a little to free for me. We should be stoked that there are pro 'ukulele tabs available to buy, not jump at the first chance to rip them off. I understand and promote free tabs that haven't been released in songbook form, but if we don't draw the line somewhere, nobody is going to be able to make money from music. Just my opinion.

word of warning, the new copyright/intellectual property act, SOPA. making its way up the House was created to help take the DMCA further by addressing those off seas sites, transferring the liability to not the actual infringer but to the host site. The Senate version, Protect IP, i believe has already passed. what does that mean? UU would be held responsible.

seriously, we had this discussion before, this is illegal, but most people don't mind theft unless its their own stuff.

word of warning, the new copyright/intellectual property act, SOPA. making its way up the House was created to help take the DMCA further by addressing those off seas sites, transferring the liability to not the actual infringer but to the host site. The Senate version, Protect IP, i believe has already passed. what does that mean? UU would be held responsible.
I haven't been following these bills too closely, but I'm pretty sure "host site" means the site actually hosting the infringing file. In this case, mediafire or whatever file sharing site it was at. UU wouldn't be responsible.

I think that we should give our collective heads a shake about trying to get such recent material for free. EV has produced some excellent material here and the song book
is excellent. The thing I would recommend is actually going to the Pearl Jam site, join Club10, buy the record and get all the great stuff they give you for being honest. For
$25.00 I got the vinyl record, pdf access to the song book, the actual song book, the lyric book, and a really cool poster with a Devine uke on one side and all the chords in the world on the other. Sometimes artists really do deserve the money they get.

I'm in total agreement with the later posters here. To me there's nothing cool or exciting about downloading stolen material, period.
And in this case it's perfectly possible to easily and legally buy the material, for a modest price as well (for the price of about two beers where I live, although that's not cheap beers compared to other places).

-Tor

Well, now I feel bad about downloading the file, printing it, and making it into a book.
I hadn't realized that the songbook could be purchased with the other said materials.
I think I'll go buy all that stuff now. Seriously. I don't want to steal from Eddie.

As suggested, I just bought the vinyl album that includes the books.
I'm pretty stoked!

I haven't been following these bills too closely, but I'm pretty sure "host site" means the site actually hosting the infringing file. In this case, mediafire or whatever file sharing site it was at. UU wouldn't be responsible.

in theory, yeah, but the bill was written way too broad that depending on interpretation could include a msgboard where a user posting a link to an illegal reproduction could constitute "facilitation". maybe, i'm too conservative in my own in mind, but dealing w the use of copyrighted material at work, i have to be.

Top Bottom