Enya EUC-X1M Concert REVIEW

Enya is a low end factory built in china with a surprisingly nice packaging that are similar to apple products !
I can’t comment on sound quality because I hardly played it. It just sit on the wall as decoration but it seems to stay in tune for a very long time. No issue with the finish or fret wires sticking out. Mine is the pineapple ! It’s a good strumming uke. Easy to play but of course it’s not meant for serious fingers style playing.

I've dealt with Enya direct many times - the language barrier is significant I find which will go to explain that to a large degree. Some email exchanges I have had from them haven't made a lot of sense! That's not an excuse of course, but merely a probable reason.

. I have the concert size with the slotted head stock and pick up along with the pineapple soprano and had a round body camp uke.
I know I’m reviving an older thread, but do you happen to remember how the volume compared on these three models? I have the round one and really like the tone, but I want something louder. If the pineapple or concert was louder with a similar tone, they’d have a sale!

The concert Enya HPL is noticeably louder than the round soprano Enya HPL, but still quieter than the Martin HPL ukuleles (concert or soprano). The Enyas are also significantly heavier and less comfortable to play than the Martin HPL ukuleles.

The concert Enya HPL is noticeably louder than the round soprano Enya HPL, but still quieter than the Martin HPL ukuleles (concert or soprano). The Enyas are also significantly heavier and less comfortable to play than the Martin HPL ukuleles.
I had the concert HPL. Good sounding enough but quiet. I went so far as to cut a side soundport. It was still quiet. I passed it on to a good friend. I still have the pineapple soprano with Uke Logic hard tension strings on it.
It is my late in the evening player as to not wake up the Mrs.
Honestly the build quality is/was great on both.

Last edited:
I know I’m reviving an older thread, but do you happen to remember how the volume compared on these three models? I have the round one and really like the tone, but I want something louder. If the pineapple or concert was louder with a similar tone, they’d have a sale!

The pineapple is the loudest and has the best tone. It's not loud but has the most volume of the bunch. I have even strung it with a low G and it sounded good like that as well. I would buy it again for a no-worry durable fun soprano

The pineapple is the loudest and has the best tone. It's not loud but has the most volume of the bunch. I have even strung it with a low G and it sounded good like that as well. I would buy it again for a no-worry durable fun soprano
Interesting. I’m pretty sure I’ve read somewhere online that the round one is the quietest, but I didn’t know which one might be louder between the pineapple and the concert. I watched a youtube video comparing them (pineapple/concert/tenor) and it seemed that the pineapple was the quietest! But, that just illustrates that there’s no replacement for experiencing an instrument IRL.

Top Bottom