Enya Nova GO Guitar

bazmaz

Reaction score
New line from Enya - very much based on their other Nova instruments. I rather liked it!

I just got one of these a few days ago. I am very impressed with the sound, playability, manufacturing and engineering.

The body is about the size of a Les Paul, just deeper. Though it's still quite thin for an acoustic. Despite the small volume capacity of the body, it belts out an impressive amount of volume and bass. It's not dreadnought level bass, if that's what you're seeking, but it gives more than one could reasonably expect from from such a small resonating chamber that makes up the body. I'd characterize the tonality as somewhat aggressive and balanced.

The neck has a slightly unusual profile, with more pronounced "shoulders" than any other guitar I own. It's very easy to play, and not too stout or skinny. The width at the nut measures slightly more than 42mm. It's not clear to me if the fingerboard is something other than carbon fiber polycarbonate, which is what the Enya website says.

The fretwork is impeccable. I makes me wonder if the frets were somehow fabricated as a single unit with the fingerboard molded around them.

Like the Nova ukulele, the finish is a very satin-y, almost textured finish that makes it appear the whole instrument is was molded in one shot. It obscures any seam if the fingerboard is separate. It also obscures if the bridge is molded separately from the soundboard. A peek inside the soundport reveals some of the construction and bracing pattern (which I'd describe as a "thin doubled X" pattern). The inside also reveals the natural state of fiber filled injection molded plastic.

Out of the box, the saddle is a bit high, creating a steeper break angle than one might usually want on a pin bridge acoustic guitar. The action is playable, but I suspect the bridge height was intentional, giving the player some room to bring down the action as desired. I might eventually do so, but as is, it's kind of ideal for bottleneck playing.

While overall impressed, I do have one complaint. It doesn't sit well on my knee for playing which I think has a bit to do with the small size, finish, and balance.

After several days, and being in the car during some just warm weather, the tuning stability is impressive. I'll be testing this out more as summer rolls around.

Top Bottom