Price Drop [EU] Enya (Kaka) EUT-MAD Tenor w/Pickup

Price
Shipping
Size
Tenor

MentalAtom

Reaction score
Hey folks, another uke up for sale.

This time it's my EUT-MAD tenor (solid mahogany, blue/green stain) with a MiSi acoustic trio pickup. I bought this from Matt at world of Ukes a couple of years back also but I'm consolidating my collection so selling this to make space for another. Currently strung with aNueNue clear water strings. It also has Enyas "cool" feature where the strap button on the heel can be removed so that you can take off the entire neck, if you wanted to for some reason.

I have the cable for the MiSi acoustic trio but with a UK plug, you'd need an adapter.

Looks great, plays great, sounds great.

I swapped the case for a uke-crazy case I had to drop the price, and also because I decided it's good to keep the hard one, but it's still a decent case - much better than the soft case that it came with.

Also selling with this TGI hard case which I bought separately and seems to be more-or-less indestructible. Slight caveat, the lock is broken so you can't "lock" the case, but honestly it was such a terrible lock a 5-year old could have opened the case anyway. Otherwise it's all good, a few marks here and there but that's why you have a case!

I paid 300 for the uke, 175 for the pickup and 80 for the case (~550) so I think the price is reasonable even if it seems a little high for this kind of uke. A great beginner/intermediate level instrument that you can plug in.

Attachments

• 20230915_153554.jpg
    20230915_153554.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230915_153633.jpg
    20230915_153633.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 20230915_153618.jpg
    20230915_153618.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230915_153621.jpg
    20230915_153621.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230915_153604.jpg
    20230915_153604.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 29
  • 20230915_153625.jpg
    20230915_153625.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230915_153652.jpg
    20230915_153652.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 20230915_153747.jpg
    20230915_153747.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Bump and price drop to 400, maybe I was being a bit ambitious 😜

It is a very pretty uke, based on the photos. I have owned many Enya ukuleles, from the HPL to the carbon fiber Nova Us (approximately 20 and all sizes, which I bought for club loaners), to the lower end wood models, to the nicest of theirs I own which is a blue tenor feather.

Every single one I have played was set up with low buzz free action. They all come with a radiused fretboard! Altogether making them easy to play. Some are on the quieter side but all sound sweet and have good intonation. I teach a beginner class in our local library, and often answer questions like What uke should I buy? I recommend, of course, HMS and Mim’s, but if they want to fire off a quick online order, I recommend Enya because it is a safe reliable choice.

Unless it is a rare lemon I’m sure it will please the ear of it’s new owner, and that color and finish, wow! What a beauty. I don’t know about the price of this model and what a fair used price is for it. But after you do your homework and if you determine the price is right, I think it will be a nice acquisition.

If someone wants to move up from their entry level uke(s), this will be a nice step up. Though I have a number of ukes like Koaloha, Kiwaya, vintage Martin, and on, I still enjoy playing my Enyas.

Best luck all around to MentalAtom and those considering buying this uke.

It is a very pretty uke, based on the photos. I have owned many Enya ukuleles, from the HPL to the carbon fiber Nova Us (approximately 20 and all sizes, which I bought for club loaners), to the lower end wood models, to the nicest of theirs I own which is a blue tenor feather.

Every single one I have played was set up with low buzz free action. They all come with a radiused fretboard! Altogether making them easy to play. Some are on the quieter side but all sound sweet and have good intonation. I teach a beginner class in our local library, and often answer questions like What uke should I buy? I recommend, of course, HMS and Mim’s, but if they want to fire off a quick online order, I recommend Enya because it is a safe reliable choice.

Unless it is a rare lemon I’m sure it will please the ear of it’s new owner, and that color and finish, wow! What a beauty. I don’t know about the price of this model and what a fair used price is for it. But after you do your homework and if you determine the price is right, I think it will be a nice acquisition.

If someone wants to move up from their entry level uke(s), this will be a nice step up. Though I have a number of ukes like Koaloha, Kiwaya, vintage Martin, and on, I still enjoy playing my Enyas.

Best luck all around to MentalAtom and those considering buying this uke.
Thanks for your kind words 😁 but yes, I agree, considering the price I've been impressed since day 1 with the quality and sound. Sure, it's not super loud, but generally speaking in terms of playability it's really nice. The build quality is also impeccable for the price, really can't spot any issues at all! Enya are one to watch for sure 😉 it's a good time to be a uke player with so many up and coming brands doing an amazing job.

Thanks for your kind words 😁 but yes, I agree, considering the price I've been impressed since day 1 with the quality and sound. Sure, it's not super loud, but generally speaking in terms of playability it's really nice. The build quality is also impeccable for the price, really can't spot any issues at all! Enya are one to watch for sure 😉 it's a good time to be a uke player with so many up and coming brands doing an amazing job.
Well, since you mention the price, I’ll say how I usually price uke I am selling. What I paid isn’t as relevant as what one can purchase the same uke for on the open market, since I am “competing” on the open market, and I can’t imagine why someone would intentionally overpay.

So say I paid $1000 for a ukulele, but it is available new for $500. There isn’t a too reason to pay me $1000, or even $600. I usually price my ukes based on a per centage of the currently available new price. I go with generally around 2/3 for a uke in very good condition. I go down to around 50% for a starter level basic uke with some signs of wear.

If it is highly desirable and/ or somewhat I’ll ask more than 2/3, maybe 70-75, even 80.

Your uke is available on the enya website with pickup for $200, and on amazon without pickup for $150. If you are basing your price partially on the admittedly nice-looking case, it might help to name the brand and also if you know it the model of case. I am not sure what per centage to expect for a used case with a sticker on it. If there is a Misi Trio in a uke I am selling I usually add $100 for it, though that may be a little low. It might help folks if you sort of show your math, how you valued each item in pricing it.

So pricing is up to the seller, but if I want to sell a used uke that is how I try to find a price it will sell for.

Best luck selling!

Well, since you mention the price, I’ll say how I usually price uke I am selling. What I paid isn’t as relevant as what one can purchase the same uke for on the open market, since I am “competing” on the open market, and I can’t imagine why someone would intentionally overpay.

So say I paid $1000 for a ukulele, but it is available new for $500. There isn’t a too reason to pay me $1000, or even $600. I usually price my ukes based on a per centage of the currently available new price. I go with generally around 2/3 for a uke in very good condition. I go down to around 50% for a starter level basic uke with some signs of wear.

If it is highly desirable and/ or somewhat I’ll ask more than 2/3, maybe 70-75, even 80.

Your uke is available on the enya website with pickup for $200, and on amazon without pickup for $150. If you are basing your price partially on the admittedly nice-looking case, it might help to name the brand and also if you know it the model of case. I am not sure what per centage to expect for a used case with a sticker on it. If there is a Misi Trio in a uke I am selling I usually add $100 for it, though that may be a little low. It might help folks if you sort of show your math, how you valued each item in pricing it.

So pricing is up to the seller, but if I want to sell a used uke that is how I try to find a price it will sell for.

Best luck selling!
The prices I noted for Enya ukes are what is available to me here in Texas. Amazon sells Enya ukes for less here in the states than I see them elsewhere. The Enya company website also ships from Houston, Tx. So it seems the seller is in Europe, where supply and pricing may be much different. So it may cost more to buy and Enya ukulele than it does here. A lot goes into fair pricing of a used ukulele. What seems too much to one, may make sense for others depending on circumstances.

I hope I didn’t sound like I was suggesting the pricing was too high, or just right, etc. It is easy for most of us to use a sort of gut feeling when it comes to pricing. I thought it might help people to think about how ways they can decide the “right” price for a used uke.

Just occurred to me that there is probably a thread or few on the topic of how to decide what price to try for when selling or buying a used uke. I should look that up!

The prices I noted for Enya ukes are what is available to me here in Texas. Amazon sells Enya ukes for less here in the states than I see them elsewhere. The Enya company website also ships from Houston, Tx. So it seems the seller is in Europe, where supply and pricing may be much different. So it may cost more to buy and Enya ukulele than it does here. A lot goes into fair pricing of a used ukulele. What seems too much to one, may make sense for others depending on circumstances.

I hope I didn’t sound like I was suggesting the pricing was too high, or just right, etc. It is easy for most of us to use a sort of gut feeling when it comes to pricing. I thought it might help people to think about how ways they can decide the “right” price for a used uke.

Just occurred to me that there is probably a thread or few on the topic of how to decide what price to try for when selling or buying a used uke. I should look that up!

Hey no worries, it was actually useful, I'm gonna look into it a bit more in the next few days and update the thread. I actually didn't realise the same model with the pickup was on sale so cheap 😅 even in Europe, so yeah I should rethink it.

Out of curiosity I did a search and looks like it's not that easy to buy it here in the EU. I only found it available from a reseller in the Netherlands for 285 eur (without a pickup).

EDIT: I'm seriously thinking about smuggling instruments from the us (or China maybe). I'm going to call my organization Ukulele Mafia. Don't tell anyone.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity I did a search and looks like it's not that easy to buy it here in the EU. I only found it available from a reseller in the Netherlands for 285 eur (without a pickup).

EDIT: I'm seriously thinking about smuggling instruments from the us (or China maybe). I'm going to call my organization Ukulele Mafia. Don't tell anyone.
Yeah, the market is definitely not homogenous worldwide, not something most people probably realize.

FYI: Big price drop, 300 inc. shipping as it was pointed out to me that you can buy this uke with a pick up cheaper (even if not too easily in the EU) - and let's not forget the misi pickup is better anyway ;)

Also case-swapped to a uke-crazy case to bring the price down a bit - and I decided to keep the hard case.

Someone buy it, please :love:

FYI: Big price drop, 300 inc. shipping as it was pointed out to me that you can buy this uke with a pick up cheaper (even if not too easily in the EU) - and let's not forget the misi pickup is better anyway ;)

Also case-swapped to a uke-crazy case to bring the price down a bit - and I decided to keep the hard case.

Someone buy it, please :love:
Yeah, iirc the list price for a new MiSi trio is $165 usd. MiSi are good pickups.

These Enyas also have a feature that is common among guitars but rare among ukes that makes barre chords much easier for me to do with my somewhat crooked fingers: the radiused fretboard (12”). The other production ukes I know of with the radiused fretboard are Pono Pro Classics, Cocobolo Ukuleles. There may be others I’m unaware of, but otherwise it is mostly customs / luthier made and optional for more $. I think it is standard with Mya Moe and Maui Music, but we’re talking over a grand.

With the case, pickup and shipping included I’d say you are in the “good deal” price range. I like the striking color too.

It seems like the used uke market is a little soft now based on things I’m seeing out there. But if I was shopping in this price range I would be interested,

Top Bottom