• 9- Tasmanian Devil

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 10- Elmer Fudd - with shotgun

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oldscruggsfan

Reaction score
Growing up in a lower middle class family and with parents who had clear memories of scarcity during the Great Depression and of WW2 rationing, I acquired an early distaste for all things related to peer pressure.

When Atari and Pong games came out, my parents weren’t able to afford such things. I compensated by learning not to care what my peers wore, drove. bragged of owning, or where their parents would take them on something they called “vacation”. Immunity against peer pressure, thus a minimalistic, non- covetous, realist mindset, quickly became ingrained in my character.

My parents judiciously taught me to never become bitter about our financial circumstances. I continuously realized we were rich when measured by those benchmarks that truly matter.

In college, which I was able to attend as a result of a US Army scholarship, arriving for the freshman term of ROTC “frog” hazing in a much- used 2-door Toyota I’d bought at auction with hard earned cash from hauling hay and mowing lawns, I learned that the marketing term for adults such as myself is “late adopter”. To some extent, both my children share the same trait.

Enough about me. My reason for explaining all that is that, when seeing a recent post asking favorite characters from certain highly popular computer games, I had no idea.

This poll intends no offense to the other poll but is for any oddball such as myself who enjoys relatively violent cartoons more than computer games. :)

It speaks volumes about my lack of internet skills that I ran out of poll options to include:
11- Granny (who owned Tweety)
12- Porky Pig
13- Chicken Hawk (Foghorn’s later sidekick)
14- Pepe Le Pew
15- Yosemite Sam
16- Speedy Gonzales
17- Barnyard Dawg
18- Red Monster (Gossamer)
19- Michigan J. Frog

Last edited:
Ahhh, fond childhood memories. A tough choice, but I chose Wile E Coyote, because of his determination, creativity, and positive attitude. Plus, he was cute. Loved that cartoon.

¡Ándale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba! ¡Epe! ¡Epe! ¡Epe! Yeehaw! I like the fastest mouse in all of Mexico the best. Although, I do like the underdogs too. Wile E, and Elmer Fudd. I always want to see them destroy that annoying Roadrunner and that smarty pants Bugs.

Anybody remember Robin Williams doing Springsteen's "I'm riding in your car" as Elmer Fudd?
Just watched him do "Fire" as Elmer. Very funny.

For WB cartoon characters I'd have to go with the cat that Pepe LePew always mistook. Also liked Bugs when he was knighting the sheriff of Nottingham.

I grew up the same way. And choosing a favorite from Looney Toons is difficult!

I picked Marvin, but could just as well have chosen Wile E or one of several others... including Bugs.

Anybody remember Robin Williams doing Springsteen's "I'm riding in your car" as Elmer Fudd?
"Dwivin' in my caw. Turn on the wadio. I'm puwin you cwose..."

Taz, Marvin the c Martian, Chicken Hawk, and the whale that sang opera.

Used to joke around with my boss’s boss - he had a really loud voice. Almost didn’t need to use the phone. 📞 Told him he reminded me of Foghorn Leghorn! 😆

Last edited:
Love me some Marvin the Martian!

I grew up with Looney Tunes and I don't think I have an overall favorite. I can think of highlights among several characters - Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig, Daffy Duck, Wile E Coyote, Foghorn Leghorn... My favorite cartoon of all time wasn't even a Looney Tune, it was a MGM cartoon by Tex Avery - Rock-A-Bye Bear.

I grew up with Looney Tunes and I don't think I have an overall favorite. I can think of highlights among several characters - Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig, Daffy Duck, Wile E Coyote, Foghorn Leghorn... My favorite cartoon of all time wasn't even a Looney Tune, it was a MGM cartoon by Tex Avery - Rock-A-Bye Bear.

I loved that one as well!

Love this post and no way can I pick a for certain favorite. Too many great characters from the era.

The Wolf from Red Hot Ridin Hood is close to the top and so is the Minah Bird. Now I want to do a uke version of Frog singing rag time gal or maybe Owl Jolson doing I love to singa.

Thank you Sir for a great start to today taking me down memory lane to the home of my youth.

Without a doubt, Foghorn Leghorn.

Love this post and no way can I pick a for certain favorite. Too many great characters from the era.

The Wolf from Red Hot Ridin Hood is close to the top and so is the Minah Bird. Now I want to do a uke version of Frog singing rag time gal or maybe Owl Jolson doing I love to singa.

Thank you Sir for a great start to today taking me down memory lane to the home of my youth.
Thank you!
Pardon the “pile driver” metronome but here’s Yowling Tom’s instrumental version.

Sometimes when my cat is trying to sneak up on me, I see her and whisper "I tought I taw a puddy-tat." Then she sticks her head out to look, and I say "I did, I did taw a puddy-tat!" really loud and she speeds off to another room waiting for me to chase her.

Top Bottom