Finally created an account

Ukrlover2023

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Been playing ukulele for just 3 months but have been using this site to gather info on types of ukuleles and things to know.

Joining an in-person ukulele event in Brooklyn this weekend.

Jumping in with both feet, mostly playing 90/ music and some Chvrches songs.

Welcome officially to the UU forums, although we are happy you found our site useful to your search for information about the ukulele. There's lots of good stuff here!

That's great that you are joining an in person ukulele event this weekend, enjoy!

Welcome officially to the UU forums, although we are happy you found our site useful to your search for information about the ukulele. There's lots of good stuff here!

That's great that you are joining an in person ukulele event this weekend, enjoy!
Yes, I just saw some of the beginner resources! So glad this site exists

Hi Ukrlover2023, welcome to the UU Forum. I hope the event in Brooklyn was fun and interesting.

I lived in Tarrytown (Sleepy Hollow), NY for 2 years. Had a lot of fun in Brooklyn Heights and Brooklyn.

It's great that you're getting into playing and being with others that enjoy ukuleles. It's a lot of fun.

Welcome, from Northern Michigan. Happy you chose to join in! :)

Sorry to be joining the party late, but I'm so glad you found us, and so glad you've taken the time to introduce yourself!

I LOVE Chvrches! So cool that you're finding songs of theirs to play! Are you arranging them yourself? A lot of my favorite stuff is from the '90s too, and while not part of many groups' repertoire, I'm hoping you're finding ways to work then in with your group!

Speaking on behalf of the team, thanks too for jumping in with financial support of our community! We're glad you're here!

Take care,
Tim

Sorry to be joining the party late, but I'm so glad you found us, and so glad you've taken the time to introduce yourself!

I LOVE Chvrches! So cool that you're finding songs of theirs to play! Are you arranging them yourself? A lot of my favorite stuff is from the '90s too, and while not part of many groups' repertoire, I'm hoping you're finding ways to work then in with your group!

Speaking on behalf of the team, thanks too for jumping in with financial support of our community! We're glad you're here!

Take care,
Tim
Hi Tim,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m not at the arranging stage, yet. However, I am playing with how to do songs not specifically for the ukulele like chvrches and 90s. I also play some Hawaiian classics from my childhood. I did venture into stereotypical ukulele more popular songs like Riptide and Sea of Love which has been fun. It’s a touch more my accessible.

This forum is so great, I was happy to contribute. Got my dream Kamaka pineapple from @EDW !

Top Bottom