Finally introducing myself

Wildjoy

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've enjoyed following conversations here, and I've been learning a lot about ukes.

I'm learning to play on a borrowed, inexpensive, concert scale banjolele. I made a deal with myself that if I learn to play, and I enjoy it, I'll buy myself a more decent uke. I'm living abroad right now with no decent uke shopping available, but I'll be back in the US next year. Still, that hasn't kept me from looking. 😜 (My son has graciously agreed to keep a uke for me until I return, and keep it properly humidified.) I have my eye out for The One. (Which changes constantly.) 😂

Hello everyone. I've enjoyed following conversations here, and I've been learning a lot about ukes.

I'm learning to play on a borrowed, inexpensive, concert scale banjolele. I made a deal with myself that if I learn to play, and I enjoy it, I'll buy myself a more decent uke. I'm living abroad right now with no decent uke shopping available, but I'll be back in the US next year. Still, that hasn't kept me from looking. 😜 (My son has graciously agreed to keep a uke for me until I return, and keep it properly humidified.) I have my eye out for The One. (Which changes constantly.) 😂
Ah, yes- "The One". I did that too! Now I can't seem to find it in the closet with all the "Other Ones".
8^D
Welcome to UU (and UAS)!

Hi Wildjoy, welcome to the UU Forum! It's great that you have a banjo uke to learn on. And that your son is keeping a uke "warm" and rested for your return. We're glad you enjoy the Forum and decided to join.

Have terrific experiences while you are abroad.

Hi Wildjoy, welcome to the UU Forum! It's great that you have a banjo uke to learn on. And that your son is keeping a uke "warm" and rested for your return. We're glad you enjoy the Forum and decided to join.

Have terrific experiences while you are abroad.
Thanks! He'll keep a uke warm for me if I buy one--I haven't found it yet. 😜

Welcome aboard! Lovely plan.

Welcome to UU, WIldjoy!
You never know, maybe that banjolele will just stay with you for a good while yet. I honestly still enjoy my first cheap uke. YMMV of course.

Welcome to UU!! If your son is planning to learn and play the uke as well, I think that plan makes sense. If not, it would drive me bonkers to have The One sitting at home and not in my hands for me to really know if it's it. And if not, you might pass any return period (if you're buying retail).

Like you mentioned, The One is elusive and ever changing. I would personally suggest happily window shopping until you're back home to properly stare at the tracking details and out the window when it changes to "Out For Delivery."

Buuuuut if The  One One really pops up! And you can't let it go, by all means, pull that trigger!! I'm the wrong person to suggest waiting and patience. 😅

We're really a buncha enablers, aren't we?

Welcome to UU from hot, steamy, sweaty Florida. Good luck with your hunt. It's good you're not in a hurry,

Hello and welcome to you!

Welcome to UU!! If your son is planning to learn and play the uke as well, I think that plan makes sense. If not, it would drive me bonkers to have The One sitting at home and not in my hands for me to really know if it's it. And if not, you might pass any return period (if you're buying retail).

Like you mentioned, The One is elusive and ever changing. I would personally suggest happily window shopping until you're back home to properly stare at the tracking details and out the window when it changes to "Out For Delivery."

Buuuuut if The  One One really pops up! And you can't let it go, by all means, pull that trigger!! I'm the wrong person to suggest waiting and patience. 😅

We're really a buncha enablers, aren't we?
Yes, I agree! I really want a Bonanza Homestead baritone. If one comes up and I can afford it, I'll buy it. If not, I hope to be able to go to Uke Republic after I'm back stateside and I'll choose something else.

Welcome @Wildjoy! I LOVE your username!! Wishing you much wildness and musical joy with your ukulele adventure!

Top Bottom