Finally - My New Music Room is Finished!

You knocked it out of the park. It's fabulous.

I think you deserve another uke.

Bluesy.

Beautiful. Pics that I will save to show my wife when she complains about excess my cave. That is a gorgeous collection and a great way to display them.

Beautiful. Pics that I will save to show my wife when she complains about excess my cave. That is a gorgeous collection and a great way to display them.
I already tried that and it didn't work. I asked her if my three ukuleles didn't seem so bad in comparison. She merely said what about the cigar box and tenor guitar? Some days you just can't win.

I have "favorites" scattered around. But, the higher end Ukes are in the display cabinet. I haven't noticed any sympathetic vibrations yet. "Good vibes, yes, "vibrations" no. Humidity here in the Texas Hill Country rarely falls below 50 percent. So far it's been very good for my Ukes. They've been here since Feb of 2016, when they came from Las Vegas, NV, where they very definitely needed humidification.
average-relative-humidity-united-states-of-america-austin.png

Great work! Construction projects are tough, especially now, and it is nice to reap the rewards.

That's fantastic! All you need to do now is add a few strings to the standard lamp to make a harp, and you're done!

Holy moley!! Do you have one particular uke that you will pick up and play?

Wow, beautiful set up! Enjoy your new home.

I hate to think of changing strings on all those ukuleles. LOL. But I can see disappearing into your music room and forgetting to come out again. :) 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸

Wow, that looks beautiful!!! Currently I have a music/practice “corner” but I am definitely inspired to dream way bigger now…

I have "favorites" scattered around. But, the higher end Ukes are in the display cabinet. I haven't noticed any sympathetic vibrations yet. "Good vibes, yes, "vibrations" no. Humidity here in the Texas Hill Country rarely falls below 50 percent. So far it's been very good for my Ukes. They've been here since Feb of 2016, when they came from Las Vegas, NV, where they very definitely needed humidification.
View attachment 138935
Just be aware that it's the indoor humidity that is critical, not the outdoor humidity. Here in MN, there can be a huge difference!

I lived in the Texas Hill Country for a couple of years. I remember people getting in a twist when it would hit the 40's in winter. Coming from MN, we looked forward to the days when it would warm up to the 40's!

Last edited:
When we moved to Phoenix, AZ, the first night we were there, the weather person stated that it was going to be a humid day tomorrow—it would get up to 12%! But I didn't play any instruments back then.

My wife moved from Memphis, TN and I from Tarrytown (Sleepy Hollow), NY.

Last edited:
Wow. What a collection! Nice!

Straight out of the "Lives of the Rich and Famous". It turned out beautiful VegasGeorge. It's like a museum show room. Thanks for sharing with us.

May I ask you, George, what brand is this nice round ukulele we see in the 1st picture on the right, please? I have never seen such an instrument.
Your music room is a dream!

It took 15 months to build our new home in Briarcliff, Texas. Now, it seems to have been worth the wait. Almost all of my instruments and other music stuff was in long term storage. I just today got the last few items handled in my music room, and was able to dust and vacuum. I am very pleased with how it turned out. I think of it as sort of a musical man cave. It is so nice to have my Ukes back where I can get at them! I hope you enjoy seeing what I've done.

View attachment 138918

View attachment 138919

View attachment 138920View attachment 138921
WOW!! Okay, I only have 4. I have saved enough for a aNueNue UT200, but have been, just, ah-um, do I? The photos, oh-HELL YEA! How many do YOU have? Don't you collect from trips? Love it!!

Top Bottom