Finally - My New Music Room is Finished!

Just great, a man after my own heart, if I could only afford to do it, maybe if I win the lottery.

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 16 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 40)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

... I just today got the last few items handled in my music room, and was able to dust and vacuum. I am very pleased with how it turned out. I think of it as sort of a musical man cave. It is so nice to have my Ukes back where I can get at them!

Took a nap. Had a dream...

Vegas George's Ukulele Rentals
Flat Rate $100 CONUS

Included:
7 Days Round-Trip Fully insured Shipping

Available Option:
7 Days Additional: $35
(Sorry, Limit 14 Contiguous Days)

Ukuleles In Display Case not Available

...And then I woke up :(

I'm trying to keep track, and answer your questions. So, if I missed yours, please ask again or PM me. The round Uke seen in the first picture is a Tony Graziano "Camp Uke" made with premium Koa. Tony is a luthier in Santa Cruz, CA. http://www.grazianoukuleles.com

I've included a close up of the Uke cabinet. It is holding Ukes in two layers. In the back, across the top and the first three Ukes across the bottom are all Kamaka Deluxe Models. Continuing across the bottom back are three Martins, and a Collings. The front layer includes three Romeros, and and assortment of other Ukes.

I've also included a photo of a corner of the room not well shown in the other pictures. It shows my LaniKai Banjo Uke, and an antique "The Gibson" banjo Uke which I picked up many years ago. It also shows my only solid body Uke, shown on the bottom shelf of the bookcase.

I have a couple of mics and a mic stand. And I have the iMac computer on my desk. Those would be the only audio/video recording devices I have. I've only made one video of me singing and playing. I really don't like the self recording process. I'm way too fussy. I wouldn't mind going into a studio to do it, but here at home I avoid it.

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

Last edited:
Just for the sake of completeness, I'll show you the rest of the Music Room area. First, there is a nice little balcony facing the street in front of the house. Access is through those double doors shown in the first photographs. There is plenty of room for two to sit, play, and have coffee on a suitable morning or evening.
IMG_1702.jpg

And, there is a full bath. Here, I intend to express my interest in the Mexican Revolution of 1910, and have hung pictures of Pancho Villa. I want to get a suitable Ukulele for the bath, perhaps a Day of the Dead, or desert scene Uke would be good. The "Hawaii" Uke shown is my plastic 'bathtub' Uke, and I want to replace it. The bathroom is a work in progress.
IMG_1703.jpg

Finally, at the head of the stairs leading up into the Music Room I have an open credenza on which I've placed my consort of Yamaha Recorders, three Ukes, and my antique Violin-Uke.
IMG_1704.jpg

And, that is "Daisy" my 10 year old English Bulldog, and best friend.

Last edited:
Just for the sake of completeness, I'll show you the rest of the Music Room area. First, the is a nice little balcony facing the street in front of the house. Access is through those double doors shown in the first photographs. There is plenty of room for two to sit, play, and have coffee on a suitable morning or evening.
View attachment 138947

And, there is a full bath. Here, I intend to express my interest in the Mexican Revolution of 1910, and have hung pictures of Pancho Villa. I want to get a suitable Ukulele for the bath, perhaps a Day of the Dead, or desert scene Uke would be good. The "Hawaii" Uke shown is my plastic 'bathtub' Uke, and I want to replace it. The bathroom is a work in progress.
View attachment 138948

Finally, at the head of the stairs leading up into the Music Room I have an open credenza on which I've placed my consort of Yamaha Recorders, three Ukes, and my antique Violin-Uke.
View attachment 138949

And, that is "Daisy" my 10 year old English Bulldog, and best friend.
Thank you very much for your answer about the Camp Uke. I understand now why he seemed so exceptional to me. Your Daisy must love music!
And it's always touching to see someone achieve their dream. I wish you lots of happiness.

Incredible! Absolutely incredible! It's a beautiful room and when do the museum tours start?
It's fun guessing which uke you play when you sit in your chair in front of the music stand.

In the past, I've mentioned to JerryC41 he needed a room for his collection. I never thought about anything as grand as this! Congratulations.

Last edited:
what really got me was that adorable dog of yours. I want to give Daisy a good scratching right on top of that head. She sure looks sweet. More Daisy pics!!!

So I'm not the only one who wants to be in the incredible music room to spend some time with Daisy. LOL.
She is very adorable. I agree, more Daisy pics!!

Did you do anything specific to enhance acoustics in the room?

As far as the room acoustics go, it's more of what I didn't do. I didn't add any carpet, and the window coverings have a hard surface. The furniture is mostly hard surfaces. The cathedral ceiling with shiplap was already in the architect's design specs. The room isn't square or oblong, but irregularly shaped. It's live, but there is no noticeable echo. So, it seems just right to me. I got lucky, I guess.

With a large assortment of Ukes to chose from, I can have fun "matching" the instrument to the tune. For instance, I had great fun today woking on "Green Green" and "Greenback Dollar" on a couple of my 8 string Ukes, then switching to one of my resonators and doing "City of New Orleans." I think later I'll pull down a really sweet sounding 4 sting and play some hymn tunes. Oh, and "Georgie Girl" sounded great on my Ohana 6 string, CK-70 A6, which has double courses on the G and the C. It seems like no matter how many Ukes you have, they each contribute something unique to the musical experience.

VG, after reading your Signature quote, I can’t help but wonder....
Are you going to be able to “sit quietly” in your new music room? :)

Top Bottom