Finished it!

Nickie

Reaction score
My friend Marille from the Ladies of Uke and I just finished a tour of 9 US states. We visited my 94 year old mother and completed her Living Will and Durable Power of Health Care POA. YAY!
We visited my 92 year old uncle, a retired farmer, who is a conservationist. He showed us a row of pine trees he planted, and watered by hand, to keep them alive. I am so very proud he's my uncle.
And today, I officially retired my nursing license. I can still volunteer, and renew it in a medical crisis, but for now, I'm NOT GOING TO WORK FOR MONEY AS A NURSE!

Last edited:
Glad that you got to visit your mom and uncle. They both sound like remarkable people. I hope that we all can be posting here (or whatever the format will be many years from now) when we're their age.

And congratulations on retirement. Nursing is a tough profession. Thanks for your work.

Glad that you got to visit your mom and uncle. They both sound like remarkable people. I hope that we all can be posting here (or whatever the format will be many years from now) when we're their age.

And congratulations on retirement. Nursing is a tough profession. Thanks for your work.
Congratulations on your retirement Nickie. Enjoy your retirement, stop and smell the roses and enjoy that 2nd cup of coffee in the morning.

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy yourself even more nowadays. By the way, I was considering getting into nursing, but figured it might be too painful to my nipples.

Good on ya' Nickie. As soon as I retired at 62 for health reasons, I joined Cali Rose & The CC strummers, been enjoying myself ever since.

Sincerely happy for you Nickie. Congratulations on your retirement. It had to be fantastic to visit with your mom and uncle. Wishing you the longevity of them both.

Congratulations on retirement !!!

Have my eyes on that goal too and getting closer. Fluid target date but not real far off. Hitting the mark must feel really good.

Touring 9 states and helping your mom with those pieces of personal business. Good for you. (y)

Thanks for your many years as serving as a registered nurse. Now you are more free to serve the public good as a wandering minstrel. You have many more states left to visit!

Congratulations on retiring. I've been a health care administrator and had to quit my job. 3 years with no break, my crazy job with COVID outbreaks and then having to cover floor shifts because we didn't have enough staff just did me in. I'm having to look for something else that's not what I've been doing for decades. It's kind of scary because I figured I'd be doing this another 5-7 years before retiring.
Thanks for your hard work. I know what nurses have been going through

Glad you got to see family too.

I'm having to look for something else that's not what I've been doing for decades. It's kind of scary because I figured I'd be doing this another 5-7 years before retiring.
That is a very tough spot to be in, but you made the right choice - it's sad what we've done to our primary caregivers and support staff in the health care sector, I am so sorry that so many of you have burned out so hard these last few years. I don't think (here anyway) that the pandemic was the cause; our system (here) was broken anyway, and people in these jobs were already stretched thin to the point of almost breaking. I absolutely cannot blame anyone for needing to walk away and do something else. I wish you all the best, and I hope you find something that's going to support your whole self.

Top Bottom