Flight 4SB Sammy Turton Signature Tenor - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great reviews throughout the year. Happy New Year!

Ha, I thought you had some special satin edition judging by the first picture.
I agree it's a nice looking ukulele, but I also agree that it is very bright (little too much for my personal taste).

Interesting thing is if this was not a signature model they could just make it with different tops for different sound and you wouldn't be able to tell since it is pitch black!

Ha, I thought you had some special satin edition judging by the first picture.
I agree it's a nice looking ukulele, but I also agree that it is very bright (little too much for my personal taste).

Interesting thing is if this was not a signature model they could just make it with different tops for different sound and you wouldn't be able to tell since it is pitch black!
Reflection of the grey skies above in the jet black gloss!

I'm a fan of Flight, @4stringboy, and you, @bazmaz, so this is one I was really looking forward to! GREAT writeup, one of your best-written yet!

(And to all you other good people reading this: please do READ the full reviews, complete with photos that video can't capture, as well as watching the video summaries.)

I'm delighted that this has received one of your highest scores ever, but not shocked. I agree: one of the most visually striking releases from a company known for them, and the exceptional brightness is especially appropriate for the man whose many nicknames include Sammy Sparkles.

A remarkable release all the way around, and a ringing high note to end the year! Thanks so much for all you do, Barry! Looking forward to another four dozen or so in 2024!

Cheers,
Tim

I'm a fan of Flight, @4stringboy, and you, @bazmaz, so this is one I was really looking forward to! GREAT writeup, one of your best-written yet!

(And to all you other good people reading this: please do READ the full reviews, complete with photos that video can't capture, as well as watching the video summaries.)

I'm delighted that this has received one of your highest scores ever, but not shocked. I agree: one of the most visually striking releases from a company known for them, and the exceptional brightness is especially appropriate for the man whose many nicknames include Sammy Sparkles.

A remarkable release all the way around, and a ringing high note to end the year! Thanks so much for all you do, Barry! Looking forward to another four dozen or so in 2024!

Cheers,
Tim
Thanks Tim - that means a lot. Very kind. People forget when I started that there were no videos (I much prefer the written word). The written bits get much more time on them than the videos still!

Top Bottom