Flight Iris Concert - REVIEW

aNueNue uc-10 comes with a pick guard that matches the bag it comes with and is actually made to be removed. I took it off and there is a layer of thin durable plastic beneath that which can be left in place or removed. UC-10 is much cuter without it.
your friend must be ambidextrous!
She isn't ambidextrous, but she dislikes non-symmetry.

Feel I should follow up with some point on this that are relevant

1. I like the core uke a LOT - It's a great instrument. I stand by my view that if the QC issues were not there it would match the aNueNue on my scoring (MY scoring!), but simple fact is... those QC issues cannot be ignored
2. Flight have contacted me and agree that these QC issues are NOT right
3. The Uke came from Flight... See point 2.. work that out for yourselves...

I like Flight as a brand - my views on their QC are that they need a serious re-think / re-boot.

Bear in mind - at Got A Ukulele I try to mix my reviews between brand / shop loans (you'd expect to be polished) and ukes that I buy 'blind'. I do that as I assume that those that come from brands / shops / distributors will be checked over as they are coming to a reviewer... I buy the blind ones to catch brands napping...

What seems odd to me is this caught a brand napping, but it came from the actual distributor.. NOT blind.. Something is not right and, sorry Flight.. but it's not the first either.. Your distributor sent me a Nighthawk with cables that buzzed.

Flight really need to up their game here. Seen too many good brands take their eye off the ball on QC and then sink...

Feel I should follow up with some point on this that are relevant

1. I like the core uke a LOT - It's a great instrument. I stand by my view that if the QC issues were not there it would match the aNueNue on my scoring (MY scoring!), but simple fact is... those QC issues cannot be ignored
2. Flight have contacted me and agree that these QC issues are NOT right
3. The Uke came from Flight... See point 2.. work that out for yourselves...

I like Flight as a brand - my views on their QC are that they need a serious re-think / re-boot.

Bear in mind - at Got A Ukulele I try to mix my reviews between brand / shop loans (you'd expect to be polished) and ukes that I buy 'blind'. I do that as I assume that those that come from brands / shops / distributors will be checked over as they are coming to a reviewer... I buy the blind ones to catch brands napping...

What seems odd to me is this caught a brand napping, but it came from the actual distributor.. NOT blind.. Something is not right and, sorry Flight.. but it's not the first either.. Your distributor sent me a Nighthawk with cables that buzzed.

Flight really need to up their game here. Seen too many good brands take their eye off the ball on QC and then sink...
`This is such an important clarification. Flight makes really marvelous ukes and it seems to me that people new to the instrument are often drawn and/or recommended Flight as a first good/high quality ukulele. QC problems are the last thing a new player wants to deal with when a hard earned money, highly lauded ukulele arrives, greatly anticipated only to find it has problems.

Hoping Flight will take your reviews and recommendations to heart...now if I could only get my U.S mitts on an ultra travel...

Top Bottom