Flight Opinions Wanted

frets alot

Reaction score
I'm shopping for a second guilele to join my Pono MB-6 (which I love). I'd like a second one to use in a different tuning. There's rumors that the MB-6 and AB-6 are no longer available, but I have to call and see if that's true.

In the meantime, I'm also looking at the Flight GUT850. I'm not interested in the Cordoba Mini, so no need to recommend that.

Why the Flight has caught my attention:
1. Baritone scale 20"
2. Nut width 44 mm
3. Reasonably priced

I know nothing about Flight ukes (or guileles), in terms of their quality, tone, finish, etc.

What say you, any opinions?

Thanks in advance.

Hi
I have a flight GUT 850 listed on this site
It’s very pretty instrument and is in mint condition
I think the tone is comparable to the Poconos, but the neck is better
Ron

Flight ukes are really nice for the money but I don't think they necessarily offer much compared to the Ponos. In general, I regard Pono ukes as higher quality, at least at the same price point. Some of the more expensive Flight models - the Anniversary models particularly - might be better quality than the regular Pono models.

The only real exception would be the Southern Ukulele Store exclusive Carabao models which are superb for the price. They're currently out of stock but I bet they'll get more stock fairly soon. Highly recommended.

I’ve owned only one flight. It was a gem. I no longer have it, but miss it. For the money, I think it hits way above its price point. You can YouTube four string boy to hear a variety of flight instruments. Sammy is a flight artist and often posts here.

hope this helps

I’ve owned only one flight. It was a gem. I no longer have it, but miss it. For the money, I think it hits way above its price point. You can YouTube four string boy to hear a variety of flight instruments. Sammy is a flight artist and often posts here.

hope this helps
Thank you. That's encouraging. I appreciate your response. I'm going to be making a decision real soon. Have been getting my husband's thoughts on my purchase. ;)

Thank you. That's encouraging. I appreciate your response. I'm going to be making a decision real soon. Have been getting my husband's thoughts on my purchase. ;)
I just purchased a Flight Diana TE Soundwave. I will agree, it hits way above its price point. Truly wonderful sounding and a quality build with nearly flawless finishing. An absolutely unregretable purchase.

Flight ukes are really nice for the money but I don't think they necessarily offer much compared to the Ponos. In general, I regard Pono ukes as higher quality, at least at the same price point. Some of the more expensive Flight models - the Anniversary models particularly - might be better quality than the regular Pono models.

The only real exception would be the Southern Ukulele Store exclusive Carabao models which are superb for the price. They're currently out of stock but I bet they'll get more stock fairly soon. Highly recommended.
Thank you, good information!

I'd like to thank those who took the time to respond here. It sounds like Flight is a uke to consider, and I hope this thread helps others out too. I gave this a lot of thought and talked to my husband about it. I'm so fortunate to have him as my biggest supporter. My heart just kept going back to the 6 string Pono's, since I love my current MB-6. So, I had my eye on a deluxe model from Pono, but being conservative, kept talking myself out of that price point. My husband inquired, looked at what I was considering, and told me to get it, if that's what I wanted. He actually insisted. Who am I to argue, so I ordered it. I have the Pono Mango Baritone Deluxe Guilele on order from HMS. It sounds and looks amazing, I'm excited!
Thank you again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom