Flight Spirit concert uke arrived - PROBLEMS - Help!

Your first post said the guitar tech said the bridge glue is "slightly struggling". A close-up pic could shed some light on whatever that may mean. Struggling glue is not very confidence inspiring.
Not much seems to be visible to me, either in person or in pictures. I guess I just don’t know what I’m looking at.

Attachments

• IMG_5177.jpeg
    IMG_5177.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5178.jpeg
    IMG_5178.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 20
With the luthier thinking the bridge is okay, it will likely be okay since it is a string through bridge. My visualization is that there is much less pressure to pull it off than other bridge designs.

Last edited:
Not much seems to be visible to me, either in person or in pictures. I guess I just don’t know what I’m looking at.
The only thing I see is that bit of white at the glue line on the bass side, which could be polish or anything. Like Rainbow said anyway, a string-through bridge wouldn't be likely to fail glue-wise, as the pull would be on the bridge plate beneath the soundboard.

The only thing I see is that bit of white at the glue line on the bass side, which could be polish or anything. Like Rainbow said anyway, a string-through bridge wouldn't be likely to fail glue-wise, as the pull would be on the bridge plate beneath the soundboard.
I had forgotten about the string-through aspect and I own a Flight Spirit. That might tell you that either I have too many ukuleles (guilty) or that it’s time to change strings (also likely).

So as Terry stated, the bridge is never going to rip off; the bigger question is if the cracks will need a cleat or two to stabilize the crack.

The offer of a discount makes it worth keeping; or perhaps even repairing and reselling.

I had forgotten about the string-through aspect and I own a Flight Spirit. That might tell you that either I have too many ukuleles (guilty) or that it’s time to change strings (also likely).

So as Terry stated, the bridge is never going to rip off; the bigger question is if the cracks will need a cleat or two to stabilize the crack.

The offer of a discount makes it worth keeping; or perhaps even repairing and reselling.
The tech did say that they were light finish cracks, but said that at some point down the road if I wanted to he could stabilize it. I just didn’t and don’t want to spend a fortune on fixing up this uke, even for a reduced purchase price…which I still don’t know what that would be because I haven’t called Amazon back! For all I know the deal won’t be good enough and I will have to send it back anyway. At this point that would be kind of heartbreaking for me. I just don’t know what to ask for!!
I really hope the bridge is doesn’t pop. That would really be bad, especially in the middle of playing out. lol

This purchase was meant for a bit of fun with a better uke, even though I do have other lower level ukes…but guitar is my real instrument (of which I have quite a few).

Last edited:
Top Bottom