In Progress Forums link down

A suggestion that's being actively worked on!

ploverwing

Duck Wrangler and Rabbit Herder
Staff member
UU VIP
Reaction score
FYI in case you haven't run into it, @engravertom posted a thread to report an issue that it seems more than just me is having today.

A blank (empty) screen results when you attempt to land directly on the https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com home page. This issue happens when you:

• Click on the UU logo from anywhere within the forum
  • Enter the URL address directly into a browser
  • Click the Forums link from the Menu options
There are workarounds:

• Use the New Posts link
  • Use your notification icon to start from a post then navigate to that post's main forum topic
  • Search in a Browser for a specific topic on the forum and click on that post's link e.g. use the search term together with:
site:forum.ukuleleunderground.com

I don't recommend trying to log out and log back on, because typically that process takes you straight to the broken page.

Thanks for your patience.

Hmm, both okay for me, but I'll try a manual reset and see if that helps. Thanks for letting me know!

My access to the site seems to going wonky again. I can get to the forum page all right but when I click on the "new posts" link a blank page come up.

Me too.........

My access to the site seems to going wonky again. I can get to the forum page all right but when I click on the "new posts" link a blank page come up.

I'm working on it, but please folks, we have over a dozen of these threads now. I love that people care, but I'm consolidating them as quickly as I can, because it will help me a lot of we reduce the number of places I need to reply with updates on the work in progress. 🙂🤙

More news as soon as I have it!

Mahalo,
Tim
Mod

I'm so sorry about that! I've changed the thread status back to In Progress, since it's clearly not "Done". I'm working on it now.
It will get there. No worries. May take some time to figure this out. I don't think anybody is too excited. The flusheroo remedy while you work on this is just fine.

Give it 30 minutes folks and the links work again. Work in progress. Tim and others working....

Two cookies for Tim 🍪🍪

WSOD periodically. Seems to have started for me when the chat icon was added. Sometimes I can't get to the forum at all.

I had come to suspect the chat engine. To be specific, its potential incompatibility with our current server. Because I've been working with both the chat devs and the host server's engineers, I'm not sure whose fixes were going to cross the finish line first, so I'm punting the chat for now. Let's see how that goes.

As @Tin Ear notes, the autoflush has been running on a 30 minute cycle. As far as I can tell, that part is actually entirely working. If I see something amiss, I also hit the manual eject button, but the bots have been doing their jobs as scheduled. I know it's frustrating. I spend as much time on the site as anyone, and more than most I suspect, so, speaking both as an ukulele nerd wanting to talk about ukuleles, AND a general purpose nerd trying to keep the site running, it's frustrating to me too, in both ways!

Two cookies for Tim 🍪🍪

Thanks brutha, both aspects of my nerdery appreciate not having to share a cookie! :ROFLMAO:

Fingers crossed! Please note that server resets take a while to propagate around the globe, but I've reset pretty much everything I can, and I think that before the end of the day, you'll all see things return to normal.

More soon, and thanks again,
Tim
Mod

I'm working on it, but please folks, we have over a dozen of these threads now. I love that people care, but I'm consolidating them as quickly as I can, because it will help me a lot of we reduce the number of places I need to reply with updates on the work in progress. 🙂🤙

More news as soon as I have it!

Mahalo,
Tim
Mod
The site has been working fine for me for days and I thought the issue had been taken care of and that now the issues just popped up again. I couldn't find the prior thread(s) on the issue and didn't know where to look so I just opened up this one. Sorry about that.

I couldn't find the prior thread(s) on the issue and didn't know where to look so I just opened up this one. Sorry about that.

Sorry I was a little panicky this morning! I agree, I hadn't seen a problem for days, and woke up to more reports at once than I'd seen the past week!

It's good to know the scope of the problem, though, for sure. Otherwise I'd just be guessing, and that's no way to troubleshoot! Once I got those threads consolidated, I jumped on the server, and am following up with both sets of support today to try to get us back on solid ground. 🙂

I think we all realize there will be occasional glitches in any online forum. I don’t think we intended to gang up on Tim — at least I didn’t. We just wanted to be helpful.

I think we all realize there will be occasional glitches in any online forum. I don’t think we intended to gang up on Tim — at least I didn’t. We just wanted to be helpful.

There was definitely no ganging up. Each post individually was delightful. LOL They just all showed up at once, and like I said to Mike, I panicked. :) Glitches may be unavoidable, but I still hate them, and take every one of them personally. LOL So I was also kinda mad, not at any of YOU, but at THAT...and it wasn't quite 4am when I saw them all at once, and I barely had both eyes open yet. :ROFLMAO:

So yeah, it's gonna be fine, but it can be hard to spread out the effort when I'm also scrambling toward some big deadlines at my "day" job in medical education. After things had appeared to settle down here and I was thinking I could spend the day working on my deadline stuff, it was just a little extra exasperating. :)

Anyway, back to work, and back to posts in some of the dozen UU threads I've got open in other tabs! :ROFLMAO: Uke nerd still gotta uke nerd!

Mahalo hui nou (many thanks again),
Tim

Top Bottom