Glued butt joints for neck to body

baconsalad

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I was watching Millar and KoAloha factory videos and noticed that they use just a glued butt joint to attach the neck to body. Is this the traditional way to do it? Is it a design choice? what are the advantages of this? Is this common? I find it kind of strange but obviously its fine.

Attachments

• join.JPG
    join.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 14
It is simple and cheap to do, I'm not sure of any other advantages.

I was watching Millar and KoAloha factory videos and noticed that they use just a glued butt joint to attach the neck to body. Is this the traditional way to do it? Is it a design choice? what are the advantages of this? Is this common? I find it kind of strange but obviously its fine.
Traditional on budget (cheap) ukuleles. It is a fine joint until... it isn't. Modern aliphatic adhesives probably give more strength to this traditionally weak joint.

I'm not a luthier, but I use glue in addition to screws or dowels.

Reactions: prd
Top Bottom