Got Hash?

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Went to brunch today to remember the 10 year anniversary of a loved one's passing. Our 29 y/o son eats big...he ordered an item called Fowl Hash...like the more familiar corned beef hash, but made with turkey, duck and chicken (kinda turducken-like), served with sweet potatoes, onions, home fries, hollandaise sauce, a biscuit and 2 poached eggs. He's an athlete, and big on protein, so he had 4 poached eggs on it. 🤯 it's good to be young...and hungry!

Attachments

• 20240407_130938.jpg
    20240407_130938.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 13
No Turkish or fowl in Mary Kitchen.
I love two runny sunny sides over a scoop of fried (corned or roast beef) hash.

Went to brunch today to remember the 10 year anniversary of a loved one's passing. Our 29 y/o son eats big...he ordered an item called Fowl Hash...like the more familiar corned beef hash, but made with turkey, duck and chicken (kinda turducken-like), served with sweet potatoes, onions, home fries, hollandaise sauce, a biscuit and 2 poached eggs. He's an athlete, and big on protein, so he had 4 poached eggs on it. 🤯 it's good to be young...and hungry!
Love hash and eggs! That looks so yummy! What a lovely way to remember a loved one with soul-satisfying food. When my kids were younger they delighted in "breakfast for dinner". Hash and eggs, or eggs, pancakes and biscuits. What a treat!

As others noted, the OP’s thread title first struck me as a question you might expect to hear in a dark alley. . . Or at a urinal in a pub. . .

Corned beef hash and white gravy on toast. The US military universally refers to it as “S.O.S”.

By far the best breakfast item in any military mess hall. Pair it with 2 hard boiled eggs because even the worst cook at the most remote Army infantry post can’t screw that up. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I know what SOS means. I never did like the dish after I heard the definition.

Top Bottom