Greetings from Philadelphia!

airedale68

Reaction score
Thank you for welcoming me to this board. I have always thought ukeleles were the most beautiful instruments. When my parents, who were huge fans of Iz, brought me a concert uke from a trip to Hawaii last Sept., I began learning on my own, then taking lessons. Since then, I have developed a bad case of Ukelele Aquisition Syndrome and now have 7 ukes. My go to ukes are my mango Big Island MO-CTS concert and my TkiTki AMS-Abalone soprano. I am very excited to be going to the Allegheny Ukelele Soiree this spring to become further immersed. I just transferred all my sheet music to Mobile Sheets and am hoping to become more confident with fingerpicking this year. I also plan to take singing lessons so I feel more comfortable. I look forward to learning on this forum.

Thank you for welcoming me to this board. I have always thought ukeleles were the most beautiful instruments. When my parents, who were huge fans of Iz, brought me a concert uke from a trip to Hawaii last Sept., I began learning on my own, then taking lessons. Since then, I have developed a bad case of Ukelele Aquisition Syndrome and now have 7 ukes. My go to ukes are my mango Big Island MO-CTS concert and my TkiTki AMS-Abalone soprano. I am very excited to be going to the Allegheny Ukelele Soiree this spring to become further immersed. I just transferred all my sheet music to Mobile Sheets and am hoping to become more confident with fingerpicking this year. I also plan to take singing lessons so I feel more comfortable. I look forward to learning on this forum.
Greetings from Pennsylvania's capital city (Harrisburg!). The Allegheny Ukulele Soiree is an excellent event. Closer by, the Funky Frets Uke Fest is scheduled for October 3-6 in Boyertown. Coming up on May 11 is the Ukulele Harmonic Convergence VII in Lancaster, PA. It's a great facilitated ukulele jam session with loads of regional players. You will definitely enjoy it!

Hey, welcome Airedale68!

Welcome airedale68, from JJFN, Stone Harbor, NJ

Welcome to the UU forums! I'm glad that you found this and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. Sounds like you're well on your way!

Welcome Airedale68. I'm in West Chester, PA. I've been to the Funky Frets festival and enjoyed going to the workshops. They were a bit over my head at the time but I was able to learn. I look forward to another. Larry gave a nice description of the Harmonic Convergence. Enjoy!

Welcome to the UU Forum Airedale68. We miss the IZ. He was a great performer.

The Allegheny Ukelele Soiree sounds like a fun gathering. You have a nice collection of ukes.

Welcome to UU, Airedale68!
IYou caught the bug, okay! Hope you have fun at the festival!

Top Bottom