Gretsch concert uke?

Dave Holiday

Reaction score
Thoughts on the recent crop of Gretsch ukes? I believe the concert is model G9110.

I once had an old 1950s Gretsch soprano and very briefly owned a newer Gretsch soprano which was stolen. I actually thought the newer one was superior.

I don't hear much about these and would love to hear from anyone who has experience with them.

Thank you!

Thoughts on the recent crop of Gretsch ukes? I believe the concert is model G9110.

I once had an old 1950s Gretsch soprano and very briefly owned a newer Gretsch soprano which was stolen. I actually thought the newer one was superior.

I don't hear much about these and would love to hear from anyone who has experience with them.

Thank you!
When I was learning to play, a classmate had one of those Concerts, I thought it sounded fine and was a little envious. So it’s probably one of the better entry level laminate concerts. The early models were 12 frets to the neck, I liked that. Another classmate had the long neck soprano and that sounded good too, but both players were switched on people and that helps make any instrument sound better.

This report might interest: https://www.gotaukulele.com/2018/12/gretsch-g9110-concert-ukulele-review.html

Top Bottom