Guitalele Pick Up Issue

JeffC

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with a Kala Guitalele, that was given to me. It has a pick up and one of the outputs is hanging loose.
Is this an easy fix? Seems to far to glue it under the bridge plate.

Attachments

• IMG_8955.jpeg
    IMG_8955.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 13
See if you can tell what brand and model it is. You will have to take the strings off to do any fixes. Once the strings are off you can stick your phone in the hole an look around using the camera. See where the other pickups were installed and probably where this one came off . They may be in front of the bridge plate on the soundboard, in which case you can probably reach with your fingers to reattach it. If it is too far to reach you may be able to devise some sort of arm to reach in and reattach. Once you know the brand, that company’s website should have the original installation instructions which should give you some ideas.

It’s a great idea but my phone is too big for the hole.
Thanks Though!

I was in a car parts store recently, and found a mirror on a short telescoping stick. The mirror is small enough to fit through most 'ukulele sound holes. It was in one of those bins near the cash register containing all variety of cheap/impulse buy tools. looked something like this.
1696643130894.png

You should be able to remove the strings and do it by feel. Use “gel” superglue and be careful not to get it on your fingers and touch the uke…

I was in a car parts store recently, and found a mirror on a short telescoping stick. The mirror is small enough to fit through most 'ukulele sound holes. It was in one of those bins near the cash register containing all variety of cheap/impulse buy tools. looked something like this.
View attachment 159248
...right next to the Reese's...

Top Bottom