Guitar to uke

Sparky14

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm a relatively new ukelele player having given up guitar due to having chord difficulties etc caused by Multiple sclerosis.
I find the ukelele doesn't cause me as much pain in my fingers when I play it.
Therefore my new hobby has given me another opportunity to play a stringed instrument.
Thanks

Welcome to UU forum! I'm so pleased that you're able to play ukulele, although I'm very sad to hear that you're struggling with MS, and it's interfered with your guitar playing. What size of ukulele are you able to play most comfortably? What style of music are you especially drawn to? I hope you enjoy your stay here, there is so much information, and so many helpful & encouraging people!

Welcome! I applaud you for continuing your music with your heath issues. A real inspiration. Happy to hear it's working good for you. Enjoy!

Welcome to UU forum! I'm so pleased that you're able to play ukulele, although I'm very sad to hear that you're struggling with MS, and it's interfered with your guitar playing. What size of ukulele are you able to play most comfortably? What style of music are you especially drawn to? I hope you enjoy your stay here, there is so much information, and so many helpful & encouraging people!
Thanks for the kindly welcome Ploverwing. I've at the moment got a Banjolele, a tenor uke and a new soprano uke that I'm trying to get my head around 🤔.... I'm baffled by its tuning /strings... But I love my aklot tenor and find its easy to play and love it's tone

Welcome to UU, Sparky14!

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, but I'm very glad that you are able to discover a new instrument and benefit from playing / living music.

I wish you lots of joy exploring the wealth of ukulele goodness!

Welcome to the UU family! We got you covered.
Welcome to UU, Sparky14!

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, but I'm very glad that you are able to discover a new instrument and benefit from playing / living music.

I wish you lots of joy exploring the wealth of ukulele goodness!
Thank you Ms Bean 🙏 yeah guitar chords and riffs were getting harder to play.... So.... Why not take up the world's Happiest, fun instrument... The ukelele.

Welcome to UU!

Hi everyone,
I'm a relatively new ukelele player having given up guitar due to having chord difficulties etc caused by Multiple sclerosis.
I find the ukelele doesn't cause me as much pain in my fingers when I play it.
Therefore my new hobby has given me another opportunity to play a stringed instrument.
Thanks
Welcome!! Don't forget about baritone uke if you come from guitar. It is typically tuned like the 4 highest strings on guitar (DGBE). I play Bari and tenor.

Top Bottom