Harold Teen Ukulele

Jerryc41

Reaction score
That’s pretty cool. I wouldn’t mind owning one, but I promise not to get into a bidding war with anyone on the forum over it.

Last edited:
It's an interesting uke.
However the asking price of over 2 grand seems wildly exorbitant for a student grade instrument that needs work (repair back separation shows in pic and who knows what else is wrong) The graphics are way cool, but adding the cost of repair it's a lot of money for coolness. Even repaired it might only be nice wall art, but maybe there are better options for the money if one wants an instrument to play.

Last edited:
It's an interesting uke.
However he asking price of over 2 grand seems wildly exorbitant for a student grade instrument that needs work (repair back separation shows in pic and who knows what else is wrong) The graphics are way cool, but adding the cost of repair it's a lot of money for coolness. Even repaired it might only be nice wall art, but maybe there are better options for the money if one wants an instrument to play.
You'd be better off buying a "finish it yourself" Ohana kit and painting it yourself with some stencils. Or buying a cheap green uke and putting some stickers on it.

I read that after seeing your post. Booth Tarkington, the author of the book Harold Teen is said to be based on based on, is my favorite (non-living) author. That and the style of the instrument, really piqued my interest.

Don't expect a quality instrument. They were a gimmick to begin with. Makes a nice wall hanger with the "Mother of Toilet Seat" fretboard in a collection.

Top Bottom