Have you picked up a ukulele today?

Just put it down.
A little Margaretaville to start my day

All three today 😊. Lots of arpeggios because I have a sick kiddo at home and he likes listening to them. Also working on harmonics for @hands_on_lanzon ‘s awesome I’m Gonna Lose You tutorial, and trying @Camsuke ‘s alternate fingering for those. They were still not working as well as yesterday. Finally occurred to me to switch ukes. Yup, better on my other “good” soprano.

So then Lumi, my new entry level aNueNue (for strumming outside and with my friends) flutters her eyelashes at me. I pick her up. She smirks over at my two luthier-made sopranos and rings out lovely harmonics, first try. 🤪😈😆. Troublemaker.

Kanikapila in the morning, zoomikapila with a group from Seattle in the afternoon, practice with ukulele group comprised of Retirement community members tomorrow. After that, taking a break for the rest of the week.

I’m basically lazy so practice consists of playing with others. 😊

Lunch time again. Starting a low G arrangement of the Faure Pavane.

On the Kala long neck soprano. My wife let me have it back again! It sounds great with a low G!

She is devoted to knitting, crocheting, gardening, and cooking. Along with caring for our son Tim. She hasn’t had the time for taking up the Uke.

I am glad she kept it safe so it didn’t get sold!

The old Flea today, doing a spot of fingerstyle practice and playing Ian Whitcomb's Have A Martini! to cheer myself up a little.

The old Flea today, doing a spot of fingerstyle practice and playing Ian Whitcomb's Have A Martini! to cheer myself up a little.
I misread this as "Have a Martin"...if someone said that, I'd cheer up real quick.

Picked up my solid body uke bass today to check the tuning of new strings, and to fit a second strap button on my Kala rumbler and journeyman ukes.
Just finished making some thumb rests for the three, so will be fitting them tomorrow, then a good playing of all three to make sure I have them in the best position before fixing them properly.......😃👍

Top Bottom