Have you picked up a ukulele today?

Picked up several today. Mostly doodling.

Gaspar Sanz sounds great in Gceg!

I think the Donaldson sopranino really wants to be reentrant. Tuned to Eb it sounds really sweet! 🙂
Never mind… the Donaldson is back in 5ths tuning… I should have left it that way the first time… at least I am convinced it belongs that way!

Sometimes I wear myself out re stringing and retuning… If I don’t like the sound and feel, I won’t play them…

By faith I trust it is time well spent…

😔

5ths tuning! You are in my life now!

🙃

Never mind… the Donaldson is back in 5ths tuning… I should have left it that way the first time… at least I am convinced it belongs that way!

Sometimes I wear myself out re stringing and retuning… If I don’t like the sound and feel, I won’t play them…

By faith I trust it is time well spent…

😔

5ths tuning! You are in my life now!

🙃
Finding their voices isn’t a straight line. I hope to hear it in fifths soon :)

Feeling a bit under the weather, so gentle playing today. I love Daniel Ward’s arpeggios for this. They’re beautiful to sink into and don’t require a lot of brain power. Then working on a little Scottish tune I’m porting over from violin, and digging through my piles of random music to find Japanese songs for Lumi.

Spent the last 2 days smoothing out playing and singing "All The Way."
(Daily Ukulele Yellow Blue Book, pg. 19. + Caramel CAG64)

Having a hard time singing the melody and getting the timing right (this is Sinatra, after all) for the lyric: "deeper than the deep blue sea is, that's how deep it goes, if it's real." Getting close... :)

Last edited:
Did more Bach today.
I'm sure Johan is laughing,

I'm working on an old song today, it's called "Buckdancer's Choice" and is written by Sam McGee. A great fingerpicking tune to use as a warm-up or as a stand alone toe tapper. I'm using my baritone ukulele in reentrant tuning (dGBE) in the video, but I've written the tab in gCEA, for those wishing to play along.
View attachment Uke Today 6.mp4

Attachments

• Buckdancer's Choice (Exerpt).pdf
    44.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I'm working on an old song today, it's called "Buckdancer's Choice" and is written by Sam McGee. A great fingerpicking tune to use as a warm-up or as a stand alone toe tapper. I'm using my baritone ukulele in reentrant tuning (dGBE) in the video, but I've written the tab in gCEA, for those wishing to play along.
View attachment 176622
Love it! Sounds great!

I restrung my Clearwater baritone with Worth Browns, and after stretching and tuning, played “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen, (my “warmup” song), then “Helplessly Hoping”, by CSNY, “Amie” by Pure Prairie League, “On the Road Again” by Canned Heat, “Riders on the Storm”, by the Doors, and various other songs…
I guess I’m kinda dating myself…

View attachment 176622
You’re amazing!

View attachment 176622
The lilt in this is awesome! My left hand is ready. My right hand needs to go practice slow arpeggios some more - but I’ve put it on my list. Thank you for both the tabs and wide-ranging inspiration!

View attachment 176622
Yeehaw! What a happy sounding, toe-tapping song!

On a side note, yes I’ve been trying to get levels to the sweet point to get my electric pono going thru my guitar pedal board. Even with a preamp, all the pedal settings need to be tweaked and optimized. Can be a struggle, but once it’s dialed in, I’m leaving them put. If I wanna play guitar I’ll use my old pedals and leave the board set.

Top Bottom