Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas - ukulele solo fingerstyle

scrambled_eggs

eggcited for uke
UU VIP
Reaction score
Still learning this song and sight reading it, but I was very eager to test out a few new things including my new Pono Master Series and new analogue microphone (Shure SM57). Definitely a lot of growing into for me with this instrument, I can honestly hear a lot more subtlety in my playing, which is changing it a bit.
I feel like this is SUPER expressive instrument, so went with an expressive fun Christmas song! Sorry for my dirty sock bottom right in your face :p

Ukulele: Pono Master Series tenor spruce and rosewood
Strings: Uke logic low g soft tension
Arrangement: Yujiro Nakajima from Ukuleletime

I like how the song sounds like I hear it in my head. The melody stands separate and and is complemented, not overwhelmed by the harmony. Kudos!

Last edited:
Everything sounds perfect and beautiful. I can't imagine it being any better.

I like how the song sounds like I hear it in my head. The melody stands separate and and is complemented, not overwhelmed by the harmony. Kudos!
Thanks so much! I work hard to try and balance my harmony and melody notes :) I appreciate the compliment immensely! 🥹
Everything sounds perfect and beautiful. I can't imagine it being any better.
Ren you are far far far to kind! At least kinder than I am to myself :LOL: I see much room for improvement, but that's exciting rather than upsetting to me! This new instrument especially... when they spoke about it in the podcast they did not lie! It is HIGHLY articulate--especially with the lattice bracing--and you will hear your nuances, but boy oh boy every little mistake and slip stands front and center! I feel like it's how I felt the first time I played fluorocarbon strings... but more intensely to be honest! But thanks for much for listening and enjoying 🥹

Top Bottom