Hello from Maryland, USA!

aldwyn

Reaction score
Hey folks!

Guitar player who joined the fun with ukuelele about 4 years ago when I bought a cigar box tenor from a store here in Maryland...

Been playing off an on since, though the last couple of months, I havnt picked up a guitar at all, and have only been playing uke!

So I decided to treat myself and bought a KoAloha Concert. That thing is so sweet... it's driven my UAS, and now shopping for a K brand (or maybe Imua) tenor! :D

Anyway, hello from Columbia, Maryland!

Peace,
Aldwyn

Welcome and enjoy your KoAloha!

I grew up inside the beltway in Takoma Park.

Welcome to UU Aldwyn. Love Columbia, Md............the town that Jim Rouse built

Greetings and welcome. Not surprised a KoAloha concert fueled your fire!

Welcome. I played guitar for almost 50 years, then started the ukulele about 3 1/2 years ago and bass uke about a year later. Haven't touched my guitars since.

Aloha Aldwyn, and welcome!

I travel from NH to Columbia, MD several times a year (we have an office on Old Columbia Road). I don't know if any of the shops in your area have many K brands, perhaps I can bring one on one of my trips down if you'd like to "test drive" one.

They're easier to bring on the plane than one of my guitars.....

Matt

Hi,
You might be interested in the Maryland Uke Jam. See here for more info. It is mostly beginners and advanced beginners but there is always room for someone who wants to show off their skills and take the lead.

Hey folks!

Guitar player who joined the fun with ukuelele about 4 years ago when I bought a cigar box tenor from a store here in Maryland...

Been playing off an on since, though the last couple of months, I havnt picked up a guitar at all, and have only been playing uke!

So I decided to treat myself and bought a KoAloha Concert. That thing is so sweet... it's driven my UAS, and now shopping for a K brand (or maybe Imua) tenor! :D

Anyway, hello from Columbia, Maryland!

Peace,
Aldwyn

Welcome to the forum Aldwyn!

I'm pretty sure that I drove through Columbia on the way to, and back from a week-long vacation in Virginia Beach about 10 yrs ago. Sorry that I don't remember any landmarks since the drive was pretty much a 9 hour blur each way back and forth from NJ.

Seeing the sunrise while going south over the bridge on the Chesapeake Bay was really something to behold. It was a misty, yet sunny morn, and the moisture created a handful of rainbows against a back-drop of the burnt-orange colors of the sky when the sun crested the horizon and the view was totally surreal. Sadly I do not have a photo.

This was before my time with the ukulele. Lots of great resources here on UU, so please do not hesitate to dive right in to the discussions. :)

Aloha Aldwyn, and welcome!

I travel from NH to Columbia, MD several times a year (we have an office on Old Columbia Road). I don't know if any of the shops in your area have many K brands, perhaps I can bring one on one of my trips down if you'd like to "test drive" one.

They're easier to bring on the plane than one of my guitars.....

Matt

Nice of you! But I am a creature of instant gratification... While I have few choices in the area for K brand ukes (I think Victor Litz is the only place, and they tend to be light on the higher ends and then only Kanile'a if I remember correctly), I tend to watch a lot of videos and then buy... I figure if I dont bond with it, I can sell it back off. :)

Hi,
You might be interested in the Maryland Uke Jam. See here for more info. It is mostly beginners and advanced beginners but there is always room for someone who wants to show off their skills and take the lead.

Hey, thanks for the tip! Not quite in my neighbourhood, but likely worth the drive to give them a shot! Thanks!

- Aldwyn

Top Bottom