Hello from Minnesota!

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I’ve been reading the forum on and off for years now, and I’m finally ready to post I suppose. Do I get the record for longets time between creating an account and posting (3.5 years )?? Got my first uke in 2014 and played on and off for a year or so before it was tucked away due to having a young family. Now that kids are older I have the free time to get back into playing.

Blew the dust off the Mainland concert and am slowly regaining my calluses. I also just bought a used Anuenue MM3 from the marketplace and am not so patiently waiting for it to arrive!

Last edited:
Welcome, and congratulations on leaving lurker mode! Happy to hear you’ve resumed your ukulele journey and are already increasing the size of your ukulele family. :)

Welcome to UU Herecomesthesun, and a warm hello from Chicago! After lurking for so long, you probably know everyone here. 😉

Pretty excited that you've exited lurker mode, because now you can report back on that MM3 when it arrives and has had a chance to become a friend! Thanks for introducing yourself, and for joining the chatty bunch :)

Pretty excited that you've exited lurker mode, because now you can report back on that MM3 when it arrives and has had a chance to become a friend! Thanks for introducing yourself, and for joining the chatty bunch :)
Looks like the new one arrives tomorrow. I’ll make a thread for it once it’s settled in. Hoping I like the tenor scale, as I made the purchase without ever playing one lol. Sure I’m not the first one who bought based on sound samples and reviews online.

Sure I’m not the first one who bought based on sound samples and reviews online.
You definitely are not! If you don't end up bonding with it, aNueNues are a well respected brand, it's likely you can see if someone else here on UU would like to give it a good home.

Welcome to UU, Herecomesthesun!
I think I would have a really hard time resisting the call of an aNueNue MM3 if I were to find one near to me. I hope you'll like it. Tenor is my favourite scale but I like bari too.

Welcome to the UU Forum Herecomesthesun. It took me a year or so to leave my lurker mode.

Enjoy your aNueNue MM3. It's always fun to get a new instrument.

When you are banished to share your sleeping quarters with your new uke, make sure you have a Bundling Board between you. Wouldn't want to roll over in the middle of the night and break anything. ;)

Hello everyone! I’ve been reading the forum on and off for years now, and I’m finally ready to post I suppose. Do I get the record for longets time between creating an account and posting (3.5 years )?? Got my first uke in 2014 and played on and off for a year or so before it was tucked away due to having a young family. Now that kids are older I have the free time to get back into playing.

Blew the dust off the Mainland concert and am slowly regaining my calluses. I also just bought a used Anuenue MM3 from the marketplace and am not so patiently waiting for it to arrive!
Welcome to the Forum. 🙂 Just attended the GMUG Uke / Bluegrass festival weekend in Minneapolis, along with 6others from our Northern WI Uke group. We had a blast!! So much fun, and we all agreed we will be coming again next year, without a doubt!

Top Bottom