hello from north georgia!!

c-hwll06

Reaction score
hey all, I'm new here - not entirely new to ukulele though! I've been playing off and on for a few years but really got into ukulele in the past year or so. I play the martin mu70 concert, a kala mahogany tenor, a penguin soprano, a washburn acoustic guitar, and i just ordered the luna henna dragon guitalele! I'm currently somewhat in the market for an amp for the guitalele, just a smaller one that i could use in my bedroom and for small get-togethers and such.

I've been reading threads on here for advice for a while now so i finally decided to join, I'm very happy to be here!!

Welcome! Where in north Georgia are you located? We have family in the Clarkesville area.
Welcome from Maine!
If money was no object, I'd look into the Fishman Loudbox Micro. Haven't seen any reviews by uke players yet, but guitarists seem to like it so far.

Welcome from Florida!

Welcome from Maine!
If money was no object, I'd look into the Fishman Loudbox Micro. Haven't seen any reviews by uke players yet, but guitarists seem to like it so far.
I've looked at that one a little but unfortunately, money, even if digital, is still an object :/

I've been thinking about going with something simple from Acoustic, they have a 15-watt amp for about $80 but no local stores have it in stock for me to try and I'm nervous about ordering instruments and such online - the guitalele/6-string bari already has my nerves peaked. Fender has the acoustasonic 15 and 40-watt amps but again, no stores around me have it. Even then, I can't find a ton about them online for use with ukes and especially a guitalele

Hello from Northeast Alabama. I am very close to GA and travel a lot. I am about 45-50 minutes from Chattanooga, TN.

I do have a like new Donner 20 watt two channel Personal Monitor amp that is perfect for acoustic and works great for keyboard, drums, bass, etc. I used it for two minutes to test a new uke.

Send me a message if any interest.

In general, acoustic amps sound pretty good with a uke. Of course, much depends upon your pickup. You may need a amp with a built in preamp if you have a passive pickup. You don't need a preamp if your uke has a powered active pickup. (Battery power.)

If read that the Pignose amps sound pretty good. Some Cube amps sound good, others not so much. Or, you can use Bluetooth earbuds/headphones with a transmitter that plugs into your jack.

Welcome to the UU Forum. Have fun with your uke. It's addictive.

Top Bottom