Hello from oregon

tbirdman

Reaction score
I just received my new tenor Koaloha KTM-00 with MiSi pickup from Ukulele Lab. Big shout out to Isaac.

I started playing the guitar in April 2020. I started the piano about about a year and half ago. Now I play/practice daily the steel string acoustic guitar, classical guitar, piano and now the ukulele. I have weekly singing, guitar and piano lessons and the guitar instructor can help me out with the ukulele. I'm working thru the book "Ukulele Aerobic". My skills including guitar fingerstyle and music theory so the ukulele is a natural fit. Yes, I'm retired:)

My musical instrument herd now consists of 7 guitars including a 12 string, harp and electric guitars, digital and grand piano and now an ukulele. I do need to thin the guitar herd.:p

uke front.jpgback uke.jpg

Welcome, from Michigan. 7 was my highest number of guitars in the herd (at one time), but I'm down to 4 now....all acoustic (Taylors). 7 is where I am with mountain dulcimers. :p Sounds like a perfect number to me!

Yowza, your collection sounds fun! Welcome to the UU Forum! Seems like you'll fit in just fine.

2nd the shout out to Isaac at 'Ukulele Lab. I got one of my favorite ukes from him and had a great visit to his shop a year ago. Nice dude with good deals on amazing ukes!

That’s a very beautiful instrument. I had to go look that one up and see what it’s all about… very sweet.

Welcome to the UU Forum tbirdman! Gorgeous Ko'Aloha tenor you have. (Yikes! I accidentally tapped into my inner Yoda there.)

Wow! You are certainly carrying an impressive full musical load during your retirement. You seem to be having a great time with it all. I think your ukulele will be a welcome addition.

Enjoy it all.

Welcome to the UU Forum, tbirdman, from down the road in Corvallis. Your new tenor is gorgeous!
By the sounds of it, you’re not actually retired. You just changed your profession to “full time musician-in-training.” :)
Wishing you a joyous singer/multi-instrumentalist journey!

Welcome to the UU Forum, tbirdman, from down the road in Corvallis. Your new tenor is gorgeous!
By the sounds of it, you’re not actually retired. You just changed your profession to “full time musician-in-training.” :)
Wishing you a joyous singer/multi-instrumentalist journey!
Jan D, I do have a busy life in "retirement". A see retirement can be challenge to some as they don't have any hobbies/passions. I love to learn. I also take cooking lessons from the local community college, and I just started golf lessons trying to improve my game.

I make a killer blackberry wine from wild blackberries I harvest myself. I make about 60 bottles a year which I end up giving away a lot of it.

My hobby before I retired was classic cars. However, I just sold my 1932 Packard as it was just sitting in my garage. No time to enjoy it with all my other pursuits.

Welcome, tbirdman. Appears that you'll be very busy in retirement! ....And I thought my 3 guitars & bass were too much.

Zoom with groups in Seattle - we have a member in Portland. Can't play ukulele but groups in Honolulu let me play guitar & bass w/ them.

Welcome to the forum....I'm in North Portland. Lots of good folks in the NW who are playing uke. Sounds like a fun retirement. Make sure you check out some of the local uke gatherings like the Wednesday group. I'm unable to attend most weeks, but love the spirit of the group. And if you want to have a chance to look at some quality ukes first-hand, make sure to check out Starlight Ukes. They are the best kept uke secret in the NW imho.

Welcome to UU, tbirdman!
I cam fully empathise with finding all these different musical projects and learning new things. I wish you lots of joy in your retirement!

Top Bottom