Hello from Seattle

Reaction score
Hi fellow ukulele enthusiasts!

I've taught myself to play the ukulele over the past three years. I play a mix of jazz, blues, and country songs in a chord melody style, and I've spent a lot of time transposing songs meant for other instruments and working out my own ukulele arrangements.

My instrument is a Makai tenor ukulele (that I bought when I was living in the SF area- it was the nicest-sounding thing in my price range in a local music shop.)

I've been contemplating getting a baritone as well, as I sometimes wish I had something that could hit notes that were a bit deeper, while still being smaller and more comfortable to play than a guitar.

Cheers!

Welcome to the UU Forum!! We have a bit of similar uke history and stomping grounds! I (re)started playing uke 3yes ago this summer and I'm based in the Seattle area and have lived close to half my life in The Bay Area!

That's awesome that you arrange your own chord melody! We'd love to hear some of it, if you're willing to share 😁.

Welcome! I'm in Bellingham, so not too far from you.

Welcome to the UU! Sounds like a trip to the Dusty Strings music store might be in your near future. :) Glad to hear your ukulele journey is thriving!

Hello and welcome from southern Oregon :)

Welcome!!! There’s been some baritone deals in the UU Marketplace. I browse that forum on the daily!

Did you get to see the northern lights recently?
Yes, I did manage to see the Northern Lights this past Friday, a first for me! I was still within the city, so there was light pollution and I couldn't see the green and violet colors that show up in many photos of the event... to me it looked like mostly white light, but it was forming beautiful and eerie patterns such as I had never seen in the sky. I was amazed to be able to see it at all! (This is where my night-owl tendencies paid off.)
BTW Aurora is my middle name, so I was extra pleased to see my "namesake."

Welcome to the UU Forum!! We have a bit of similar uke history and stomping grounds! I (re)started playing uke 3yes ago this summer and I'm based in the Seattle area and have lived close to half my life in The Bay Area!

That's awesome that you arrange your own chord melody! We'd love to hear some of it, if you're willing to share 😁.
I began arranging my own chord melody because I had a bunch of piano sheet music in the house and I wanted to make it work for my instrument!

Welcome to the UU forums, from a little north of you (I'm on Vancouver Island). Baritone or a guilele would definitely help with those low notes! Enjoy the hunt :)

Yes welcome! I’m in North Portland so that makes us neighbors. Second the baritone idea. And a visit to Dusty Strings if you haven’t already. There are some super groups and players in your area so you are fortunate. Welcome

Top Bottom