Hello from the Land down under :)

Lexxy

Reaction score
Hi guys, i got introduced to the ukulele by a fellow mate of mine, and I am absolutely having fun with my first musical instrument (Yes, my first :] ) Although it is a cheap Mahalo tsk tsk.

Keep strumming, and smiling :)

Aloha Lexxy,
Welcome to the UU and our forums....and yup the ukuleles addictive and plenty fun....
The mahalo ukulele is a good entry level ukulele....put some good strings on it and it will
improve the sound....Check out musicteacher2010 and keonepax for some good tutorials..
Good Luck and "Keep strumming them strings" Uke On!! MM Stan....

Last edited:
Gday Lexxy! GREAT to have another Aussie on board. and DONT WORRY! my first uke was a Mahalo Soprano...then a Mahalo tenor...now a Kala =)

welcome!

Please do not scoff at the humble Mahalo. Many an experienced learner learned the skill of playing on this steadfast workhorse. Learn with it then keep a fond memory of it as you advance to higher plains. Oh and welcome to the UU

Hey happy,is allan's music a good place to get ukuleles? or are they slightly...pricy?

Gday Lexxy..
Allans is OK, as is Melmusic in Vic who stock plenty of ukes. Check out a guy named MGM (musicguymic) on ebay. You'll find that even though he lives in Hawaii, the same uke from him would be cheaper to get shipped to Aus from there. He makes sure each uke is fully playable and is a good guy to work with.

If ebay is a no go for you, check out melmusic online and they'll ship from Melbourne for cheap. Allans hasn't got much.

Hey,

Good to see another Aussie on UU!

If I may do some self-promotion...check out my store for ukes (though I must admit we have tons more in our store than what I have listed at the moment, still recovering from the Cairns Ukulele Festival). I am sure you find our prices highly competitive!

Cheers!

Gaby

And yes Lexxy, from another Aussie on UU - welcome to the Underground ... aloha :)
So glad you have discovered The Uke and now can enjoy the incredible adventure that it is making music.
I have a Mahalo and as has been said by Spookefoot, it is a great workhorse.
I have also branched out into more quality ukes, but when it comes to bushwalking with a uke in my backpack - no sweat, no need to fret, the mahalo is there with me.
I don't want to find myself somewhere on earth without a uke within reach. When you discover The Fountain of Bliss, drink from It and drink from it often, I say !
Enjoy your travels with The Uke !

Don't worry about the instrument you play. Just have fun playing it. Mahalo does the job very well.
As you collect instruments it becomes a bit like Holden versus Ford. They are bot great cars really..... (but I like Holden! :) )

Brido Cooranbong NSW

Hey,

Good to see another Aussie on UU!

If I may do some self-promotion...check out my store for ukes (though I must admit we have tons more in our store than what I have listed at the moment, still recovering from the Cairns Ukulele Festival). I am sure you find our prices highly competitive!

Cheers!

Gaby
Ahh, nice store you have there :) Good luck with it :)
And yes Lexxy, from another Aussie on UU - welcome to the Underground ... aloha :)
So glad you have discovered The Uke and now can enjoy the incredible adventure that it is making music.
I have a Mahalo and as has been said by Spookefoot, it is a great workhorse.
I have also branched out into more quality ukes, but when it comes to bushwalking with a uke in my backpack - no sweat, no need to fret, the mahalo is there with me.
I don't want to find myself somewhere on earth without a uke within reach. When you discover The Fountain of Bliss, drink from It and drink from it often, I say !
Enjoy your travels with The Uke !
I been playing the uke recently, and alot my friends find it either extremely cute (the uke) or find it absolutely inferior to a guitar. HAHAHA.

Don't worry about the instrument you play. Just have fun playing it. Mahalo does the job very well.
As you collect instruments it becomes a bit like Holden versus Ford. They are bot great cars really..... (but I like Holden! :) )

Brido Cooranbong NSW
But collecting ukes are costly, as ukes arent exactly 'cheap' :O

(Am)travelling in a (G) fried out (Am)combie (F)(G)
(Am)on a hippie trail(G)head full of(Am)zombie(F)(G)
(Am)i met a strange lady(G)she made me (Am)nervous(F)(G)
(Am)she took me (G)in and gave me((Am) breakfast and(F) she(G) said
(C)do you come from a (G)land down (Am)under?(F)(G)
...etc

Last edited:
Top Bottom