Hello from West Chester, PA

MrKlippies

Reaction score
Hello. After a few decades I've almost given up on keyboards and moved to the uke. (Maybe I'll go back.) I've been enjoying playing the ukulele for a few months now.

I've been lurking on this helpful forum for a few months and finally decided to check in. It's been a nice place to hang out for a bit.

Joe (edit)

Last edited:
Welcome from NE PA. My son lives in Abington.

Yes, welcome. This is a great site, as you've probably found out by now. I'm originally from Springfield in Delaware County.

Welcome to the UU Forum Joe. Glad to have you with us.

Your keyboard experience should help with understanding chords.

Have fun with your ukes.

Thanks for taking the plunge and introducing yourself. Yes keyboard can certainly help with a lot of the music side of the learning. Hope you enjoy your ukulele journey, thanks for joining us!

Welcome from Harrisburg, Joe!

Welcome to UU Joe and a big hello from Chicago!

Welcome to UU, Joe!

I think that four strings are enough to make fantastic music. Your previous experience will help.
But should you feel those niggles again, I'm sure that knowing how to form chords will make getting back to keyboard a lot easier as well.

I lived in PA for a few years in Erie. That's up in the little nub in the Northwest top of the state. (Lovely park there on the shore of the lake.)

Terrible winters in Erie. Tons of snow. But as the inhabitants used to say, "At least it's not Buffalo." ;)

Welcome from across the pond Joe!

Being from Pittsburgh, I'll try not to hold the fact that you live on the wrong side of the state against you. :cool:.
Welcome!

Hello. After a few decades I've almost given up on keyboards and moved to the uke. (Maybe I'll go back.) I've been enjoying playing the ukulele for a few months now.

I've been lurking on this helpful forum for a few months and finally decided to check in. It's been a nice place to hang out for a bit.

Joe (edit)
Welcome to the forum Joe. Tom here from Greenville, SC. Over the weekend my wife and I were visiting friends in West Chester. Enjoyed WAWA coffee!! We lived in Kennet Square for a time back in 1986.

Tom

Greetings and Welcome Joe. We live in NC and get up to visit family in Pottstown and Dover PA a couple times a year. Looking to move closer this fall. If you haven't done so then take a trip to Funky Frets in Boyertown. Great family business and a store full of ukes. (Sadly no baritones when we visited).

Top Bottom