Strings help with the bridge

fjoslin

Reaction score
please, my bridge slipped out while changing strings. I am not sure which way it needs to go back in.

I hope you mean the saddle slipped out of the bridge, and not that the whole bridge slipped off. If it's a compensated saddle, usually it's set so the C string is the longest, unless it's a Martin. If it's a straight saddle and the top edge is centered, it may not matter. What I have done in the past is look at websites with new models of your ukulele and see if I can tell which way it's set from the photos. Zoom right in there! Check a few sites to be sure, in case a photo is "reversed". I now make a small sharpie dot on the backside of the saddle (toward the lower bout), near the bottom so it doesn't show, so I know which way it goes if it should slip out again. Hope this helps.

I hope you mean the saddle slipped out of the bridge, and not that the whole bridge slipped off. If it's a compensated saddle, usually it's set so the C string is the longest, unless it's a Martin. If it's a straight saddle and the top edge is centered, it may not matter. What I have done in the past is look at websites with new models of your ukulele and see if I can tell which way it's set from the photos. Zoom right in there! Check a few sites to be sure, in case a photo is "reversed". I now make a small sharpie dot on the backside of the saddle (toward the lower bout), near the bottom so it doesn't show, so I know which way it goes if it should slip out again. Hope this helps.
yes it was the saddle portion. I think I figured out how to replace it by lining it up with the saddle on the neck by the pegs. the A string is lower than the G. So I just matched it with the saddle on the bridge portion. Thank you for your help

Top Bottom