Hi from Portland Oregon

Hi Karen, welcome to the UU Forum. You have a great music background. There are several other members here in Portland.

I like your website.

PS: "Both Sides Now" was written by Joni Mitchell. Judy Collins performed a cover of the song.

Last edited:
Karen,
Hello from a Tigard resident! Sadly I've missed most of your jams due to my work schedule. Some day...
Bill

Welcome to the UU, Karen!

Jan (from down the road in Corvallis)

Welcome to the UU, Karen!

Jan (from down the road in Corvallis)
Thanks! I hear that there's a uke club in Corvallis. I think you're having some in person event there soon right? Our first in person jam will be on June 5th. We've been doing virtual this whole time.

Thanks! I hear that there's a uke club in Corvallis. I think you're having some in person event there soon right? Our first in person jam will be on June 5th. We've been doing virtual this whole time.
Both Corvallis and Salem used to hold monthly uke jams prior to the pandemic. Salem (which is a much larger group of about 45-50 people) eventually set up virtual sessions; I don’t know if they are still happening. The Corvallis group hasn’t gone back to it’s regular in-person sessions yet (although I did hear about an up-coming in-person event, perhaps to test the waters). If you’re curious about the status of the Salem group (whose regular monthly meet-up time is usually the 3rd Sunday afternoon of the month), you can reach them via their website’s contact page at: http://www.ukulelefansoforegon.com/contact.html ). There’s also an active ukulele group in Eugene as well.

Hello Karen! I also live in Tigard. Somehow this is the first I've heard of the TUG (I do know about the PUA). I'm all signed up now and hope to meet you (and fellow Tigard uke players) in person sometime :)

Top Bottom