Hi to all

That's great! I got bit by the Uke Bug not too long ago myself.

Hello from Arizona. Good move taking over that uke. There are many resources out there to help you learn and you found a really helpful community here. Have fun on your journey and welcome to UU.

Welcome to UU, Tina!
I can relate to your experience. My daughter got a soprano uke from her guitar playing grandad. After a few months the interest wore off. I bought a tenor not much later because my hands didn't like the small scale. I am still smitten. I hope you find lots of motivation and inspiration on the forums, and that you may enjoy exploring your instrument!

Welcome Tina. So glad you're here. Maybe the kiddos will follow your lead, seeing you enjoying the uke.

This seems to be a common theme...

I did the exact same thing. Bought my daughter a Uke like she asked and 5 minutes later she's lost all interest and it's me who's playing it.

This seems to be a common theme...

I did the exact same thing. Bought my daughter a Uke like she asked and 5 minutes later she's lost all interest and it's me who's playing it.
Yup I think it is a common theme! But look at all of us that got hooked on playing ukulele as a result! And the instruments are still there... if our spawn choose to pick it up, it's just there waiting for them.

Hello from Arizona. Good move taking over that uke. There are many resources out there to help you learn and you found a really helpful community here. Have fun on your journey and welcome to UU.
AZChris: I'm in Arizona also! Do you attend any local ukulele groups or clubs?

Top Bottom