Holy crap. Such a beautiful warm instrument. (Brittni Paiva Kanilea)

Voran

Reaction score
I'd love to hear her play Lights on this. Anything really but imagine the luxury soundscapes with Lights...

I'd love to hear her play Lights on this. Anything really but imagine the luxury soundscapes with Lights...

Voran, thanks for sharing this......it looks and sounds so beautiful! I love seeing/hearing quality instruments like this. I'm fortunate to have a Taylor curly koa guitar with sapwood that fits that same description. One has to really appreciate the wood, workmanship, tone and talent that is presented in this video.

Last edited:
That’s really an astonishingly beautiful instrument. Some Kanile'a high end stuff is a little to blinged out for my tastes, but this thing is just so cool. Really really tastefully done.

That’s really an astonishingly beautiful instrument. Some Kanile'a high end stuff is a little to blinged out for my tastes, but this thing is just so cool. Really really tastefully done.
I've noticed quite a few professionals switching to Kanile'a. I'm sure there is financial inducement. When Lil' Rev switched from Mya-Moe, I bought one of his ukes.

I've noticed quite a few professionals switching to Kanile'a. I'm sure there is financial inducement.

I don't think that's it, at least for Brittni. She's told the story. Had been playing Kamaka, moved to Anuenue, and had no intention of switching...until she had a spot of bother and needed to borrow an ukulele, which turned out to be Sarah Maisel's custom Kanile'a!

Brittni flipped her wig, called Kanile'a's artist coordinator (the legendary Lina Langi, aka Lina Girl) and asked, "Are you still looking for artists?" and Lina said, "If it's you!" :ROFLMAO: Lina told her side of the story on the Kanile'a YT channel, and she did in fact laugh out loud.

I'll find that video again sometime, but I was coming here to add the amazing video below, from the TUS podcast. The whole thing is worth listening to, as always (lots of great stuff about custom ukes being auctioned for Maui) but it starts with Brittni playing this gorgeous new instrument, accompanied by Kalei and Corey.

She really is a monster! An ukulele built with automotive-leaning aesthetics and gunmetal chrome accents that sounds like a dream? Here ya go!

PS. Slightly edited your subject line, @Voran because it took me an hour to find this thread to add the video. 🤣

I don't think that's it, at least for Brittni. She's told the story. Had been playing Kamaka, moved to Anuenue, and had no intention of switching...until she had a spot of bother and needed to borrow an ukulele, which turned out to be Sarah Maisel's custom Kanile'a!

Brittni flipped her wig, called Kanile'a's artist coordinator (the legendary Lina Langi, aka Lina Girl) and asked, "Are you still looking for artists?" and Lina said, "If it's you!" :ROFLMAO: Lina told her side of the story on the Kanile'a YT channel, and she did in fact laugh out loud.

I'll find that video again sometime, but I was coming here to add the amazing video below, from the TUS podcast. The whole thing is worth listening to, as always (lots of great stuff about custom ukes being auctioned for Maui) but it starts with Brittni playing this gorgeous new instrument, accompanied by Kalei and Corey.

She really is a monster! An ukulele built with automotive-leaning aesthetics and gunmetal chrome accents that sounds like a dream? Here ya go!

PS. Slightly edited your subject line, @Voran because it took me an hour to find this thread to add the video. 🤣

I was just listening to this video on the TUS site. Lovely. Going to listen to it again...and again.

My introduction to hearing ukulele was Jake, as was likely true for many of us.
But if I could play like one artist, it would be Brittni.

Got sidetracked by real life and didn't get her version of All Of Me memorized yet, but am hoping that life is settling down a bit now and I can get back to trying to play like Brittni. I'll never get there, but will have fun trying.

She's a wonderful player. I've heard her a few times in person I had a conversation with her a while back on Facebook about the Moonbird Tenor. I was interested in one. She liked it a lot.
I was at HMS last fall and tried one. It wasn't my cup of tea. Does anyone know if she's still working at HMS? We're heading over the end of October and always go there.

^^ That is indeed the story haha. It's been such a pleasure working with Joe, Kristen, and everyone at Kanile'a. 💜

This thread does nothing to settle my curiosities. 😂
What are the curiosities? 😂

My introduction to hearing ukulele was Jake, as was likely true for many of us.
But if I could play like one artist, it would be Brittni.
This really means so much to me. Thank you. 🥹

She's a wonderful player. I've heard her a few times in person I had a conversation with her a while back on Facebook about the Moonbird Tenor. I was interested in one. She liked it a lot.
I was at HMS last fall and tried one. It wasn't my cup of tea. Does anyone know if she's still working at HMS? We're heading over the end of October and always go there.
Not currently, but shoot me a message on either Facebook or Instagram with the dates that you'll be here and I'll see if I can make a trip out there. :)

^^ That is indeed the story haha. It's been such a pleasure working with Joe, Kristen, and everyone at Kanile'a. 💜

What are the curiosities? 😂

This really means so much to me. Thank you. 🥹

Not currently, but shoot me a message on either Facebook or Instagram with the dates that you'll be here and I'll see if I can make a trip out there. :)
sent you a message on this forum

Top Bottom