How many ukes have you got? (expanded poll)

How many ukuleles do you own?

• Total voters
13 ukuleles but 54(I think )string instruments in total . I had to look around and found additional 2 ukuleles. I thought I had 11.

(And 14 bicycles) now we're at it :giggle:

Last edited:
I now have six tenor ukes and fourteen bass ukes, but since 2013, I've gone through sixty-three.

As of Tuesday, I now own 9.5 ukuleles. The .5 is because I co-bought one with a friend so that we each could feel better about ourselves for getting yet another one. The recent Monday purchase was as a souvenir from my trip to see the total eclipse. I got a vintage Harmony concert from the Coxsackie Antique Center.

I voted, but I have a feeling it's not accurate. I'll need to plan on taking a census.

Except for the Enya Nova U, which I own 2 (of each color), I only have one uke - each - for a certain size, body type and wood. This poll I guess echos why the uke industry needs to keep innovating and not just rely on growth of new users with same old designs and low prices. It needs to cater to UAS sufferers looking for new toys to add to the stable.

Except for the Enya Nova U, which I own 2 (of each color), I only have one uke - each - for a certain size, body type and wood. This poll I guess echos why the uke industry needs to keep innovating and not just rely on growth of new users with same old designs and low prices. It needs to cater to UAS sufferers looking for new toys to add to the stable.
I'd actually like to see the industry embrace some new electric options - especially the solid bodies. The overwhelming tendency is to just make something that looks like a standard electric guitar shape (LP, Strat, Tele, SG) and that's it. It would be nice to see more innovation like more nods toward pineapple and boat-paddle shapes. I know Fanner has the Wisp and there are few other makers out there - but it would be cool to see even more variety.

** EDIT

On the acoustic front, the new stuff coming out from Kanilea looks amazing.

Can we plot this versus age?
(Our age, not the ukelele's ;)
Okay, Wiggy, you go first how old are you and how many ukuleles do you own? 😄

What’s the hypothesis? I can see it going either way.
1. Increased age implies higher income, more time in the hobby, and additional acquisitions.
OR
2. Increased age implies more wisdom / better understanding of what features a person appreciates and less need to acquire / experiment with additional ukuleles.

Okay, Wiggy, you go first how old are you and how many ukuleles do you own? 😄

What’s the hypothesis? I can see it going either way.
1. Increased age implies higher income, more time in the hobby, and additional acquisitions.
OR
2. Increased age implies more wisdom / better understanding of what features a person appreciates and less need to acquire / experiment with additional ukuleles.
I'm afraid there are other variables. I have f.x. the impression that ukulele in itself does attract the more seasoned part of the population.

I'm afraid there are other variables. I have f.x. the impression that ukulele in itself does attract the more seasoned part of the population.
I was mostly playing around.

In all seriousness, I also have the impression that ukulele players are typically older with a subset of teenagers/college-aged players. Obviously there are plenty of exceptions.

75 on May 1st.
A simple quantity/age plot will reveal something. We just won't know why :)
As far as age, the x-axis should be in 1-year increments as this is constantly changing data.
The best we can hope for is a snapshot, although a once/year sampling over the next decade may show a trend.

Last edited:
I currently have 5 ukuleles, but I’m wondering ….
If I cast my poll vote in the 10-19 category, will that justify/give me permission to go out and buy more ukes? Does the poll come with financial assistance to enable my wanton spending? :)

I'll abstain, I don't want to know that number! Besides, there are really 2 numbers, the one I tell my wife I have and the real number!
My sentiments exactly!! My number isn't as crazy as some, but it's definitely more than enough. I just imagined the conversations/scolding I might get into if my wife actually learned how to use and search this forum. "So, I'm counting your NUDs here aaaaand did a search for all the times you mentioned 'my wife, spouse, *ahem better half, etc.' Have you got anything to say for yourself?" "They're listed in the Marketplace!!!" 😇

Now let's hope she doesn't see my search history of all the uke stores in Japan, TUS, 'Ukulele Friend, Flea Market, Reverb, etc etc etc. Or somehow finds a way to decipher all the intricate plots in my mind! *rubs hands together like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons "Yessssssss"

ok ok.. snap out of it. Did I mention I thought my hunting was over?! Maaaaaybe I have one more spot to fill!?!

Top Bottom