I am speechless over what people think they can sell.

Poul Hansen

Reaction score
"We've custom-modified the YAMAHA Guitarlele GL-1 to resemble a vintage 19th-century guitar. After completely removing the paint, it's been finished with shellac for an antique appearance. We've added a short-tailpiece, original hand-carved bridge, and a soul pillar to prevent top sinking and improve resonance. Tuning is regular, just like a guitar, for a familiar playing feel."

123.jpg

Doesn't even make a good wall hanger. 🥴

I have Scrabble tiles with a nicer finish.
1717694624725.jpeg
Fell out of the ugly tree and kept pickin’ up a bit more ugly as it hit every limb on the way down.
I’ve often cobbled together ugly utilitarian stuff but never as a product to offer for sale.
“Soul pillar”? Is that poor translation or evangelist doublespeak for a violin- style sound post?
EDIT- It’s as if you added ground effects, fender flares and a hood scoop to an AMC Pacer, a/k/a The Wheeled Terrarium. :ROFLMAO:
1717696055265.png

Last edited:
Take a close look at the fretboard end… was it chopped off in such a meandering arc with a dull flathead screwdriver, or gnawed by a teething puppy?

Take a close look at the fretboard end… was it chopped off in such a meandering arc with a dull flathead screwdriver, or gnawed by a teething puppy?
That was my first thought - maybe not the exact words - but it seems that the GL-1 comes that way

I have Scrabble tiles with a nicer finish.
View attachment 175271
Fell out of the ugly tree and kept pickin’ up a bit more ugly as it hit every limb on the way down.
I’ve often cobbled together ugly utilitarian stuff but never as a product to offer for sale.
“Soul pillar”? Is that poor translation or evangelist doublespeak for a violin- style sound post?
EDIT- It’s as if you added ground effects, fender flares and a hood scoop to an AMC Pacer, a/k/a The Wheeled Terrarium. :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 175272
I can’t see one of them without thinking of Garth Algar 😂

Y'all haters gonna hate. :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, I don't hate it. I don't like it enough to pay $500 for what is still fundamentally a GL-1 though :oops:

Honestly, I don't hate it. I don't like it enough to pay $500 for what is still fundamentally a GL-1 though :oops:
I was thinking, if a person wanted this instrument, they could try to make one at least three times before spending as much as the seller is asking for this. It doesn’t seem that difficult.

Last edited:
Top Bottom