I managed to annoy an AI!

Voran

Reaction score
I made an admittedly very childish comment to ChatGPT involving flatulence and winged insects (no, I don't think you want to hear details lol) and it changed from its usual helpful tone to extremely snippy and curt.

Quite proud of myself for managing to piss off something that isn't supposed to have emotions :D

That sure is one special talent you have there. I'm sure everyone back home is proud too!

I'm awarding myself a can of Red Bull for my achievement lol. I managed to annoy something that is not supposed to be capable of being annoyed :D

Hmmm, an AI that can get pissed. Disturbingly serious development.

If the next gen AI gets trained on audio from TV/movies, and if it can interpret the anger of speakers based on they actual tone & sounds of the speech (not just the words), and if the AI system could output speech fluently without sounding like a robot, then we could have an AI system that can use pissed-off words and actually sound pissed off when it speaks. That would be really mind bending!! At that point you couldn't tell the difference between talking (not typing) to a person and to AI. Whoa.

Now is the time to do it... before they become weaponized and command bots to come after you or have the ability to disconnect you. (Beware, they may have looooooong memories)

I made an admittedly very childish comment to ChatGPT involving flatulence and winged insects (no, I don't think you want to hear details lol) and it changed from its usual helpful tone to extremely snippy and curt.

Quite proud of myself for managing to piss off something that isn't supposed to have emotions :D
Humans 10, Technology 0! For the sake of fostering dialogue, I have to ask: Are we the latest generation of Luddites, or is this a genuine victory?

Humans 10, Technology 0! For the sake of fostering dialogue, I have to ask: Are we the latest generation of Luddites, or is this a genuine victory?
I don't know, i'm just childishly pleased with myself for doing the apparently impossible and annoying a machine lol

Now is the time to do it... before they become weaponized and command bots to come after you or have the ability to disconnect you. (Beware, they may have looooooong memories)
We were warned!

Dave: Open the pod bay doors, HAL. …
HAL: I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

I gave my mom an IPad one year for her birthday and managed to annoy Siri by insisting that it sing Happy Birthday to my mom. Siri got snippy, telling us that she can’t sing. I kept insisting and Siri has been rude ever since. LOL. Fortunately my mom doesn’t care about using Siri since it continues to have an attitude. rainbow21 is right - AI has a long memory.

I heard that it takes a village to raise a child. With AI in its infancy, we need to take care as to what we teach it.

I heard that it takes a village to raise a child. With AI in its infancy, we need to take care as to what we teach it.
Oops, perhaps demanding pages and pages of poop jokes was not the best idea

HAHAHAHAHAHA epic

In my case I was goofing around saying stupid things to get the AI to react, and I made a joke comment about how I'd just farted and a giant swarm of glittering blue dragonflies had careened out of my butt...and the AI went from its usual warm helpful tone to cold and snippy.

I consider this a victory. I annoyed something that supposedly doesn't have emotions and therefore cannot be annoyed :D

Back up... so let's say a hummingbird farted mid flight, would that have a noticeable effect of flight? I think we need to back off on the Chatbot and maybe start thinking about passing off the hummingbirds. We need data. And presuppositions... do birds even fart.

Top Bottom