Song Help Request I need to find an easy song!

Kami4

Reaction score
Hey!
I am in a class at college and my final is a performance in front of +50 people (AHHH!). needless to say I need a very easy song to play any suggestions?
Mahalo!!!
Kami

Something you already know. Something you like to play. A sing along song, traditional American folk song, with 2 or 3 chords and invite the audience to join in.
Regards,
Ray

Aloha Kami4,
Play something you are comfortable and familiar with...easy ones work fine....I rather play an easy one really good rather than a hard one rather poorly..Have fun and enjoy...Happy Strummings.Good Luck! MM Stan

Mellow Mood by Slightly Stoopid as it's just playing around with the G chord.
Good Luck.

I think a song with a little audience participation takes the heat off. What about something like "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"? It's D,G,F,A, and E7. There's a tiny bit of very easy picking in there.
I would just choose something that is easy to play, but also gets people clapping, laughing a bit, and singing along. Their noise covers your mistakes, and no matter what they feel like they had a good time.

Check the FREE Songbok link below my signature. "Sloop John B" and "Do-Re-Mi" are possibilities.

Keep uke'in',

Last edited:
"Lightning Crashes" by Live is a great song, only three chords and really sounds good on ukulele. not to mention the lyrics are amazing, and the vocals are fun to sing.

The chords are really simple too, just E, B, and F# all the way through.

Sick and sad - Catch 22!
You can slow it down though.
It's only 4 chords.
C, G, Am, and F.

OR.
You can learn any other song with those chords.. There's tons of them.

Should I Stay or Should I Go by the Clash, D and G all the way through.

This Land is Your Land is always good...

If you want classic 20s style, try Five Foot Two with the caveat that it is VERY easy to play too fast - especially when nervous.

-Kurt

Top Bottom