I was noodling on the banjolele today...

Renaissance-Man

Reaction score
I was just sitting around, in the company of my two dogs, when I got the urge to do some frailing on the ole banjolele. I usually noodle simple traditional tunes, because I find they're easy for me to recall from memory. It all sounded pretty good, so then I got the urge to record one for y'all.

I landed on Buffalo Gals. It's a sweet tune for frailing, and I also enjoy singing along. The verses are nice, although I find the one with a hole in her stockin', where her toe kept a knockin' to be a tongue twister. I recorded the banjolele first, and then I played rhythm on ukulele while singing and balancing an apple on my head.

View attachment Buffalo Gals - banjolele and ukulele.m4a

I was just sitting around, in the company of my two dogs, when I got the urge to do some frailing on the ole banjolele. I usually noodle simple traditional tunes, because I find they're easy for me to recall from memory. It all sounded pretty good, so then I got the urge to record one for y'all.

I landed on Buffalo Gals. It's a sweet tune for frailing, and I also enjoy singing along. The verses are nice, although I find the one with a hole in her stockin', where her toe kept a knockin' to be a tongue twister. I recorded the banjolele first, and then I played rhythm on ukulele while singing and balancing an apple on my head.

View attachment 171213
Not sure how I missed this 3 mo ago.

View attachment 171213

Wonderful, absolutely great sound (ukulele+banjolele) playing and singing, thank you so much for sharing

Playing with an apple balanced on your head calls for The William Tell Overture, Cody. :giggle: I’ve heard it expertly played on 5- string banjo (by Tony Trishka, as I recall, but it could have been Raymond Fairchild or Don Reno) and must learn it on the uke.

This is heartwarming. Very good sounding banjo (and banjo playing). And singing. 😻

Top Bottom